Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 3 Votes
Title: No One Will Save You

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Brian Duffield

Cast: Kaitlyn Dever, Geraldine Singer, Zack Duhame, Dari Lynn Griffin, Rose Bianca Grue, Elizabeth Kaluev, Lauren L. Murray, Ginger Cressman, Devyn Sandidge, Evangeline Rose, John Cortes

Release: 2023-09-22

Plot: A young woman who's been alienated from her community finds herself in a face-off against a host of extraterrestrial beings who threaten her future while forcing her to deal with her past.

Woah! I thought it was pretty good. :thanks:
Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Reactions: Chievera
Aha! You must be the target audience :LOL: Glad you enjoyed it.
Multi award winning director Guillermo del Toro also enjoyed it & highly praised it. Just because you didn’t like something doesn’t give you a right to attempt to mock those who did ‍

I’m surprised you thought I was mocking you—or by extension GDT—I was sincere: I’m glad you liked it. End of story.

Hmm well that was disappointing... kinda lost me towards the end so made the whole thing feel kinda pointless. Kaitlyn was great as ever though!

Reactions: kaw and Chievera
Short but packed with events sci-fi thriller - I wouldn't say 'horror', even though there's some spooky scenes - by the 13th minute we got a whole alien in the room, and it only gets crazier. Sure it's using familiar tropes and tricks, as well as imagery that is embedded into our psyche by now, but does it masterfully with some unexpected turns. I was literally grabbing my face being afraid for the character, it's what's often described as 'edge of your seat' scary and involving.
Still a lot of unanswered questions remain by the end, so I can't say I'm fully satisfied. Maybe it'll turn into a trilogy, like Skyline... Not that it really needs a sequel, it's got a fun ending.

P.S. I think this is a first movie I've seen, where not a single word was uttered, by anyone!

Sorry, just finished watching it and sadly it didn't work for me.
I liked some of it. The first half was actually quite good and reminded me of A quiet place mixed with Invasion of the body snatchers. But the last bit really lost me.
I'm all for twist endings... and maybe the more I ponder this film I'll like it more. But right now I felt unsatisfied.

By the end of this it made me think that i would much rather be watching A Quiet Place instead.

Reactions: Noodles