Rhythm House - SteelBook Retailer Thread [India]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
rh.jpg

Feel free to discuss shipping, packaging, service, etc for this retailer.

http://www.rhythmhouse.in/HowToOrder.aspx

Info from Crossbow:

They ship worldwide Via 4 options. And they accept Paypal.
1) Registered Airmail Post - 424 INR
2) Speed Post - EMS - 893 INR
3) India Post / WorldNet Express - 1005 INR
4) Third Party courier - 850 INR
Cost mentioned is tentative cost for 1 steelbook to US.

General Order process is
- You place the order.
- Mostly next day, they will send you e-mail of shipping options with charges and payment option.
- You reply your preferred shipping method and payment method.
- They send you invoice.
- You make the payment.
- They ship the stuff, they e-mail Shipping receipt scan as well as Purchase invoice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: whitetiger
They ship worldwide Via 4 options. And they accept Paypal.
1) Registered Airmail Post - 424 INR
2) Speed Post - EMS - 893 INR
3) India Post / WorldNet Express - 1005 INR
4) Third Party courier - 850 INR
Cost mentioned is tentative cost for 1 steelbook to US.

General Order process is
- You place the order.
- Mostly next day, they will send you e-mail of shipping options with charges and payment option.
- You reply your preferred shipping method and payment method.
- They send you invoice.
- You make the payment.
- They ship the stuff, they e-mail Shipping receipt scan as well as Purchase invoice.

I will post pics of their packing very soon.

Thanks Cross, added to OP. Looking forward to pics of mailing material (hopefully in box, with bubble wrap to protect against damage?)

Thanks DB.
Yes, they have confirmed to me that they use bubble-wrap and box. I will update snaps here as soon as I receive them, from a member here.

One ninja just received Django Indian steel, which I had sent via RH. These are his comments on packing.
The packaging is good, but not enough protection for long trips. I would be worried of crushing when a box is that small. It was very sturdy and the wrapping paper was think. It was also wrapped once in bubble wrap.

It is good, and I think 80-90% of packages would arrive just fine. It's that small % that gets something heavy set on top of them. But, bigger boxes crush even easier when this happens. So, I think it is better than a lot of overseas shipping, but not perfect. If that makes since.

Here is a packing pic.
cimg9143zpsc056ddbd.jpg

- Steelbook is bubble-wrapped, only single layer though
- Than, in box. Box is thick but quite the size of DVD/BD.

Another Ninja will receive his Django Indian copy within next 7-8 days. I will post his feedback on packing as well.

But from initial impression, they sure need to use at-least 3-4 layers of bubble-wrap, and use bigger box. I have already passed on above feedback to them.

Reactions: Toffo
Another member received Django with T-shirt.

Parcel was packed very improperly. Only normal cover. I mean paper cover. Steelbook was put between T-shirt. No bubble-wrap was used at all.
Steelbook was bent from middle, even though it was delivered in 2-3 days.
Retailer says he had packed very well in similar manner shown in pic in above post. And they never use "covers only", to ship the products.

Retailer agreed to send new steelbook case free of cost though.

For upcoming "Rang De Basanti" Indian Steelbook, I have specifically informed him to use proper packing material for whatever international orders they receive.

Last edited:
More pics of Rhythmhouse packing.

rh1.jpg

Attachments

• rh2.jpg
    rh2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 272
  • rh3.jpg
    rh3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 265
  • rh5.jpg
    rh5.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 245
  • rh6.jpg
    rh6.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 266
  • rh4.jpg
    rh4.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst it's interesting to know some steelbook titles are available in India, it's still frustrating that none of the best movies are (or probably will not be) released...

Satya
Company
Parindha
Lagaan
Ab Tak Chhappan
Sholay...
and more...

Bump

Wondering if anyone - particularly someone in Canada or US - has ordered from this retailer? I stumbled across them and am strongly considering ordering 3x 3D titles which are not available in North America - Noah, Planes Fire & Rescue and BH6. (not steelbooks, just 3d amarays)

Curious about whether I'm likely to get hit with import duties.

Bump

Wondering if anyone - particularly someone in Canada or US - has ordered from this retailer? I stumbled across them and am strongly considering ordering 3x 3D titles which are not available in North America - Noah, Planes Fire & Rescue and BH6. (not steelbooks, just 3d amarays)

Hi, as far as import duties are concerned, it obviously depends on where you are. In the UK for example, the last time I checked you could import anything under £135 with no customs charges, beyond that is a sliding scale starting at 2.5 per cent. Check your local in country tax and customs website or give the IRS a call for advice and if you hit the import tax band, consider breaking up the order, the separate P and P may be cheaper than the import. But as I say, I am going by the UK rules and regs

Hope that helps, good luck and let us know how you get on :thumbs:

Bump

Hi, as far as import duties are concerned, it obviously depends on where you are. In the UK for example, the last time I checked you could import anything under £135 with no customs charges, beyond that is a sliding scale starting at 2.5 per cent. Check your local in country tax and customs website or give the IRS a call for advice and if you hit the import tax band, consider breaking up the order, the separate P and P may be cheaper than the import. But as I say, I am going by the UK rules and regs

Hope that helps, good luck and let us know how you get on :thumbs: