• Total voters
Genre: Superhero
Studio: Warner Bro’s
Starring: Michael Jai White, Martin Sheen, Theresa Randle, Melinda Clarke

QE3t0bh.jpg

9wnV3Ek.jpg

xgE67Ck.jpg

klm8GrP.jpg

Created, written and drawn by Marvel superstar artist, Todd Mcfarlane, Spawn was created when he and a group of Marvel Comic’s most talented artists rebelled against their corporate master, demanding to have more ownership rights of the characters they were creating for marvel. When marvel refused, the group promptly left and formed their own comic company - Image comics

Spawn was by far the most successful & popular independent comic of the 90’s and regularly outsold Marvel and DC giants like x-men & batman …too bad McFarlane took his eye off the ball in the 2000’s, handing over writing and drawing duties to increasingly less talented hired hands, so that he cld focus heavily on his new Toy company “Mcfarlane Toys” - which while very successful, producing some of the best high end figures in the USA, with major licensing deals to boot, ultimately resulted in the downfall of the Spawn title through sheer creative neglect….

Today Spawn still sells, but with nowhere near its popularity of the 90’s and seems almost forgotten. However, there are plans for a new movie, which if done right, in this current superhero mania climate, could be just what is needed to revive this once great comic character title :scat:

YYI1w2H.jpg

qgvshJx.jpg

I wld love 4 the original 1997 Spawn movie to get a steelbook release ...the movie while taking some liberties with the material was pretty popular with fans i think.... plus a steelbook release might be just what is needed to help Todd get the new film going this year :thumbs:

Maybe Kimchi can release it and make the slipcover with one of the worst CGI characters of all time!

I have fond memories of this movie having seen it in the theater just after my teenage years.
I watched it on blu-ray about a year ago and was just floored by the terribly large difference in quality of the CGI in the majority of the movie and then the CGI of Malebolgia.
I mean, his mouth is just opening and closing at random as well which was even more ridiculous.
I wish I could find a video...

Seriously though, if they did make a lenticular cover like this, I would buy the hell out of it!
Get it? Buy the HELL out of it? What? That was funny...

Reactions: SaberTooth
Oh yes!!! In a full gloss steel "with NO embossing or crappy border" with original Mcfarlane art front, back and inside! :cool:

original Mcfarlane art is a great idea dude :thumbs: i can see Todd being totally up for creating some new art just for the steelbook :scat:

also i dint know there was a Director’s Cut 4 spawn :LOL:

Ex6UBgj.jpg

i so want a spawn steelbook happen 2 happen now lol :drool: :drool: :drool: