Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope 40th Anniversary Box Set (Hologram Vinyl)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 1st , 2017
Purchase Links: Disney Music Shop - Amazon USA - Amazon UK - Recordstore UK - HMV
Price: $150.00 (Disney Shop) - $135.36 (Amazon USA) - £131.19 (Amazon UK) - £124.99/€143.99 (RecordStore UK) - £139.99 (Hmv)
Notes: 3-LP set features a 48-page hard cover book with 180-gram vinyl with a etched hologram of death star.

XVLP69.jpg

Last edited:
Via StarWars.com, the Star Wars: A New Hope 40th Anniversary soundtrack will include rarely seen pictures from the production of the movie and Williams’ scoring sessions. There will also be a 48-page book with essays by film music experts Jeff Bond and Jeff Eldridge. Bond’s essay is entitled “Tuning Up a Galaxy,” while Eldridge will follow Williams’ early film work in “John Williams’ Journey to Star Wars.”

XVLP69.jpg

It’s kind of amazing that in the four decades since Star Wars was released, LPs not only fell from favor, they managed to have a major comeback with the last few years. As you can see in the picture above, the A side of the third LP will feature a 3D hologram experience of the Death Star. The B side of the LP will include the Star Wars 40th anniversary logo.

This box set is currently available for pre-order at the Disney Music Shop, with a retail price of $150.

Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of one of the most significant soundtracks in film history, Walt Disney Records is set to release a new hologram vinyl version of the remastered original motion picture soundtrack for Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: A New Hope. With score conducted and composed by five-time Academy Award®-winning composer John Williams, the 3-LP set features a 48-page hard cover book on 180-gram vinyl. This one-of-a-kind vinyl set, hand etched by Tristan Duke (Jack White’s Lazaretto) of Infinity Light Science, offers a 3D hologram experience featuring the Death Star on Disc 1. For optimal viewing, use a direct light source or simply hold a mobile phone flashlight above the vinyl to view the hologram.

Disc 2 features the Star Wars 40th Anniversary logo etched into the vinyl. The box set includes rare and never-before-seen photos of the film’s production and scoring sessions. Additionally, two essays are featured in the hardcover book. “Tuning Up a Galaxy” written by author Jeff Bond (“Danse Macabre: 25 years of Danny Elfman and Tim Burton,” “The Music of Star Trek”) focuses on the phenomenon of Star Wars and how John Williams’ score changed film music forever. “John Williams’ Journey to Star Wars” by Jeff Eldridge discusses John Williams’ early career – from his musical heritage to his continuing legacy.

Now, I love Star Wars and it's soundtracks, but in the past couple of year Ive picked up 4 different editions of the New Hope soundtrack. I don't feel we need any more editions.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Now, I love Star Wars and it's soundtracks, but in the past couple of year Ive picked up 4 different editions of the New Hope soundtrack. I don't feel we need any more editions.
As nice as this edition looks, I completely agree with you.

• Thanks
Reactions: D4vem88
Yeah, sorry for no replying sooner, I've been on here very scarcely recently, but yeah, all of the super cheap amazon orders were cancelled. Was worth a shot though.