Steelbook's inner plastic

Feb 13, 2013
France
Hi !

I don't know if it's the right place to post it, so if i'ts not excuse me

I just bought the play.com "Battle Royale", but once I unsealed and opened it, I saw that the inner plastic was broken.

I tried to fix it using glue, and even by melting the pastic part together but i failed..

Is there a way to get another 3-discs inner plastic or to repair it ?

thank you !

you will have to remove the spine if replacing the inner plastic, i would return it for replacement or refund

I don't think there's any way you could repair it. You could try getting another 3 disc plastic insert but you would have to remove the spine and put it on the new one.

I sent an email to scanavo asking for a replacement inner plastic (even if they sell it to me), but I doubt that they will respond to me :/

I bought it on ebay sealed, I doubt that the seller was aware of that (sealed it was mint).

I sent an email to scanavo asking for a replacement inner plastic (even if they sell it to me), but I doubt that they will respond to me :/

I bought it on ebay sealed, I doubt that the seller was aware of that (sealed it was mint).

doesn't make a difference its faulty/damaged goods you are entitled to a replacement or refund

So I use the "resolv problem" option, and then "I received an item that wasn't as described" ?

i think thats not fair!!!if you buy something sealed and its in mint condition the seller made no mistake!
if you find any damges like dents below the slipcover or broken inner plastic that could not be seen at the time the steel was sealed you should be an honest buyer and keep the item...

i think thats not fair!!!if you buy something sealed and its in mint condition the seller made no mistake!
if you find any damges like dents below the slipcover or broken inner plastic that could not be seen at the time the steel was sealed you should be an honest buyer and keep the item...

That's what i think first, but if he bought it to play.com, he can surely contact them to have a replacement set, and if he bought it from ebay for less than he sold it to me ... well he won't be able to resolve the problem in that case :/

So i'll simply contact him first

yeah i just wanted to mention that because for a lot of sellers its really annoying to have a buyer who wants refund for a damaged item AFTER he opened it.

yeah i just wanted to mention that because for a lot of sellers its really annoying to have a buyer who wants refund for a damaged item AFTER he opened it.

people send steelbooks back to play.com with dents ,scratches and paint chips all the time which they only noticed after opening them,

never heard anybody complain about this, saying they should keep it because play.com didn't know it was defective , why should it be any different for an ebay seller

what if the steelbook was missing one of the discs, would you still have to keep it because the seller didn't know, rules should be the same for everyone whether it's play.com or an ebay seller it shouldn't make a difference

Last edited:
Reactions: marillion45
Yeah, I agree whether you opened it or not if it's defective you have right to send it back...after all steelbooks aren't actually made to be left sealed, that's just how some people like to keep them.

If the seller is selling it they should be aware that the buyer is probably going to open it and return it if it's defective...

Reactions: Flip
PayPal usually ( if not always) sides with the customer from my experience...I lost a fair chunk if change once when some claimed their goods didn't arrive...I had no choice from PayPal but to refund...

I have to agree with his point. If you sell the item in sealed/mint condition I don't see how you can be held responsible for damages. Everyone takes a risk when buying steelbooks that there might be some damage/imperfection that is not visible. IMO it's unfair to ask for a refund from a seller.

Reactions: jimmyv