Summer Movie Talk: Cowboys & Aliens-July 29,2011

Apr 2, 2009
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Olivia-Wilde-Will-Be-The-Female-Lead-Of-Cowboys-Aliens-16838.html

Olivia Wilde is becoming one of those actresses who is everywhere despite the fact that I have no idea who she is. She's a main star on House, which I admit I don't watch, and managed not to embarrass herself as a member of the expansive Year One cast, which is impressive given that it's a movie in which Oliver Platt has oil rubbed all over himself.

Wilde will probably be reaching a critical can't-ignore status with this December's Tron: Legacy, and now she'll be following it up with yet another high-profile project, starring as the female lead in Cowboys & Aliens. THR reports that her character will join Daniel Craig's in the uprising against invading alien forces-- in the Old West, of course. Jon Favreau is directing the script by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof, whose names you may remember being attached to a movie called Star Trek. No biggie.

In the original comic book, based on sources here, the main character was apparently a rough-and-tumble frontier chick named Verity, who in fact resisted the romantic allure of main character Zeke (Craig's role), but may have started something up with an Apache warrior character named War Hawk. My guess is Verity's name has been changed to Ella since it's an Old West kind of thing that probably works better on paper, but hopefully they'll keep some of the more kickass elements of the character as well. Nobody likes a woman who's no help when the alien invasion gets going.

I didn't know who she was until I watched Year One either... I don't watch House. I def won't mind seeing more of her though:naughty:

Can't wait for Tron and this Cowboys and Aliens movie is starting to sound good too!

Harrison Ford Joining Cast of Cowboys And Aliens

He’s had experience with aliens, and he’s turned up in the Old West before, but never at the same time. It could be time to pull one ridiculous fanboy daydream into reality, as it seems like Harrison Ford might well be joining the cast of Cowboys and Aliens.

In case you haven’t been keeping up, this is the Jon Favreau picture with a script by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof, initially expected to star Robert Downey Jr. but now cast with Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde and expected to open on July 29th 2011 (or June 24th, according to some doubtful types). What’s it about? Cowboys and aliens. Of course. And adapted from the comic book of the same name . Again, as expected. Oh, and to continue being obvious, the film ‘might’ be shot in 3D.

Latino Review are reporting that they received a tip-off last week that Ford would be joining “a huge comic book movie to be directed by a director coming off a soon to be released huge comic book movie”. The only film I can think of to fit that description is indeed Cowboys and Aliens - but do you have any other ideas?

This tip was given a little added weight when Favreau tweeted “Some very cool Cowboys & Aliens casting news coming soon…” so the rumour finally made it online.

So, if it’s true, we’ll hear soon.

Ford’s resume of late has been a little… disappointing. And we should remember that the last time he put on a funny hat to face of with aliens in the desert, not many people were too pleased.

Looking through the Aliens and Cowboys comic, which can be perused for free online at Drunk Duck, I’d hazard a guess that Ford would be up for the role of Alan Cross, “head of the Silver City Homesteader’s Bureau”, “town founder, mayor, president of the chamber of commerce, owner of the local silver mining company and, ah, an elligible bachelor”. Or not. None of the roles really seem an ideal match - though who knows how they’ve been altered in the screenplay? Ford’s role (if indeed he has one) might not even exist in the comic in the first place.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/06...on-favreaus-cowboys-and-aliens/#ixzz0kLJrnWNv

I haven't heard much about this project.

Olivia Wilde Films Nude Scene for Cowboys & Aliens

that you'll never see...:p

Talking to the Toronto Sun, Cowboys & Aliens stars Adam Beach and Olivia Wilderevealed that Wilde has a scene in which she is nude in the film.

"We just finished shooting Olivia Wilde naked in front of a bonfire in front of 500 Apache warriors," Beach said. "That was beautiful. You won't get to see what I saw, but you'll get a glimpse."

Asked about the nude scene, Wilde laughed. "Did Adam Beach talk to you? Adam Beach is the best. Last night, we did a scene where I'm naked in front of a group of couple hundred Apache. Pretty amazing, pretty interesting."

She added that the does "kick-ass in this. I love doing action movies ... This movie is so much fun for me."

Opening in theaters on July 29, 2011, the Jon Favreau-directed adaptation stars Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Wilde, Sam Rockwell, Noah Ringer, Paul Dano, Keith Carradine, Clancy Brown, Ana de la Reguera, Beach and Abigail Spencer.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68476

Man she is hot!!!! Loved her nude scene in Alpha Dog. lol Plus Favreau is a good director so ill see it

shes the chick from House that is sick right?

Yes, she was also in The Girl Next Door (Small Role), Tron Legacy. Her is how hot she is.

olivia-wilde-90110020.jpg

She also did a nice turn on the O.C. with lesbian scenes. Still haven't seen Cowboys and Aliens, any thoughts on it?