Super 8 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Lionet

Premium Supporter
Dec 9, 2014
Austria
Release date: July 26, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €15.89
Note: 2-Disc Version. Spot gloss on the title treatment which has also been neatly debossed.

Seems like UNIVERSAL is re-releasing a whole bunch of older titles.

K1024_815TOhfEhHL._SL1500_.JPG

K1024_91lLsnYC8pL._SL1500_.JPG

Last edited:
that looks identical to the previous triple play release (was it HMV?), right down to the barcode someone stupidly decided they needed to print on the steel front. :( (i still bought it, though!) if you're going to re-release a film, couldn't they at least do new artwork? :bored:

• Thanks
Reactions: rj531 and Brett_S
Does seem a shame they're just re-releasing the same steels again. Lessens the value (not financially speaking) of the original run imo.

Another great choice and at least, thank God, they're releasing the better looking / more interesting classic steelbooks such as this one, "WW Z", "Salt" and "Watchmen" and not duds with minimal artwork or those with blue banner headers and printed backs . . .
Interesting design with the barcode part of it as are the various faux dings and scratches.

Reminder of the HMV exclusive (in the U.K.) . . . Zero finish with de-bossed title and one of the most interestingly designed steelbooks that I've come across:-
II
V
Super8-02.jpg
Super8-03.jpg
Super8-04.jpg
Super8-06.jpg
Super8-05.jpg

Last edited:
Missed out on it the first time, mainly because I had a DVD copy and didn't think I'd end up liking the film enough to get the steelbook version. Now, I hate myself for missing out on it. Saw one in a second hand shop but it was practically falling to bits from the amount of damage it had. If this ends up being the exact same treatment, then I could see myself ordering this.

I like this steel, sits by the goonies on my shelf. Gives memories of collecting back in 2011 and ordering from HMV as an exclusive before it went into finiancial trouble where there steels were normally £17.99.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
I couldn't find one that ships outside UK for under £10.
I did however found a £20 one with £20 shipping :hilarious:

In any case, I'll wait for some of these Universal re-releases on amazon.it to drop to 2 for €12 before buying. It will happen eventually, I think.
:rofl: Yep £40 to deliver outside the uk is definitely pushing it:rofl::thumbs:

Just after release I saw it in my local cex shop for £12 in mint condition and I didn't buy it.. I regretted that decision so I kept looking on ebay till I picked it up for £11 Inc shipping but all these years later I still haven't watched the disc (I have seen the film though, I rented it on release and liked it)

I think you're right, all/most of these re releases will get a nice price drop if you wait it out:cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
Yes, interesting design and worthy addition to any respectable steelbook collection in which variety is the guiding factor.
Decent finish makes this a must buy for anyone who didn't pick up the HMV and not bothered about the non-Eng. lang. J-card:-
DKYQniOU8AAR-ZD.jpg:large

DKYQokvUEAAcEMD.jpg:large

DKYQrOlU8AAbd9s.jpg:large

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet and TheJoker