Tesco's Limited Edition Vinyl 2016 [UK]

Towser

Pennyless Ninja!
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
West Midlands, UK
My Wife bought these for me yesterday, currently very limited as part of Tesco Fathers Day promotions here in the UK, if anyone sees the Pink vinyl Jam album I would appreciate the heads up or alternately if a UK Ninja could pick one up for me I would be eternally grateful :thumbs:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ron

My Wife bought these for me yesterday, currently very limited as part of Tesco Fathers Day promotions here in the UK, if anyone sees the Pink vinyl Jam album I would appreciate the heads up or alternately if a UK Ninja could pick one up for me I would be eternally grateful :thumbs:

View attachment 244607 View attachment 244608

Ron
Wait... Tesco sell vinyl?! :stop:

Nice pick-ups mate. Any idea what other titles they have?

Reactions: Towser
Apart from those above there are a fee more in black vinyl, Prince Purple Rain, Bowie Foo Fighters, Bob Marley, there loads but the 3 pictured above and the Jam pink vinyl are extremely limited

Do a search on google for Tesco Vinyl, seems they are starting to stock it again :)

Ron

Nothing in Belfast. We have two of their superstores near us and nothing. I would know but then it doesn't surprise me. Any limited editions of anything we never get

Nothing in Belfast. We have two of their superstores near us and nothing. I would know but then it doesn't surprise me. Any limited editions of anything we never get

Tried my local Tesco and they said they were not selling any.
@Towser @Noodles The Jam 'Sound Affects' Pink Vinyl is the one everyone wants.:( Already all on Ebay.:banghead: :angry:
No wonder I wasn't aware that Tesco sold vinyl then... it only seems to be a few stores that actually stock them. Guess I'm out of luck as well. (n)

Reactions: Travis Bickle
I've been aware of Tesco selling vinyl since last year but I knew not to wast my time trying my local store. All my vinyl purchases are on amazon. Have been for years.

Apart from those above there are a fee more in black vinyl, Prince Purple Rain, Bowie Foo Fighters, Bob Marley, there loads but the 3 pictured above and the Jam pink vinyl are extremely limited

Do a search on google for Tesco Vinyl, seems they are starting to stock it again :)

Ron

Hi Ron

Do to you know what Bowie and Marley albums they are?

The pink jam vinyl sounds very interesting

Edit: just found this list

image.png

Would love to get Sgt peppers, sticky fingers, nevermind, zeplin 2 and the bends

(I've only got Marley legend and eagles hotel California - both original pressings)

Last edited:
Hi Ron

Do to you know what Bowie and Marley albums they are?

The pink jam vinyl sounds very interesting

Edit: just found this list

View attachment 244733

Would love to get Sgt peppers, sticky fingers, nevermind, zeplin 2 and the bends

(I've only got Marley legend and eagles hotel California - both original pressings)
Quite a few in there I'd be interested in. Any idea what the prices are?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I've been getting vinyl albums from amazon for 10 years. Never had any problems. They use proper vinyl mailers. Just checked. 80 vinyl albums in 10 years, no damage on any of them and that includes 3rd party sellers for rarer out of stock albums from america and europe.

Quite a few in there I'd be interested in. Any idea what the prices are?
Think the prices are very similar to Sainsburys between £12 to £20.
My Sainsburys are selling Rumours for £12 and Sgt.Peppers about £16 i think it was just as an example think Zeppelin II was £12 which is not bad think they work out at roughly a couple of pounds cheaper than say HMV.
I was reading about the limited Tesco releases and apparently they are doing restocks of all the titles for fathers day.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I've been getting vinyl albums from amazon for 10 years. Never had any problems. They use proper vinyl mailers. Just checked. 80 vinyl albums in 10 years, no damage on any of them and that includes 3rd party sellers for rarer out of stock albums from america and europe.
Thanks buddy :thumbs: appreciate the info they have some albums i want so might take the plunge.

Think the prices are very similar to Sainsburys between £12 to £20.
My Sainsburys are selling Rumours for £12 and Sgt.Peppers about £16 i think it was just as an example think Zeppelin II was £12 which is not bad think they work out at roughly a couple of pounds cheaper than say HMV.
I was reading about the limited Tesco releases and apparently they are doing restocks of all the titles for fathers day.
Sainsbury's sell vinyl now too?! Shows how often I got to supermarkets lol. Thanks for the info mate. :thumbs:

I was already hoping to nip into town on Father's Day for HMV's exclusive vinyl deals, so at least I'll have another reason to go now too... to check Tesco and/or Sainsybury's for their vinyl deals. :p

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Sainsbury's sell vinyl now too?! Shows how often I got to supermarkets lol. Thanks for the info mate. :thumbs:

I was already hoping to nip into town on Father's Day for HMV's exclusive vinyl deals, so at least I'll have another reason to go now too... to check Tesco and/or Sainsybury's for their vinyl deals. :p
They literally only have one display which is very easy to miss & only holds a few titles think it was initially a trial to see if they would sell but mine had
The Doors first album
Eagles Hotel C
Sgt peppers
ELO out of the blue
Zep 2 & 4
Bowie Hunky Dory
Rumours F Mac
Pulp Fiction
Guardians of Galaxy
Basic selection but i keep popping in to see if any new stuff

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
image.jpeg

The 4 coloured vinyl albums in my posts are the exclusives as far as I know, The Jam one is going for £75-£100 on a well known auction site, it is now completely sold out at Tesco, the other three Dexys, The Clash and Quo are still available at Tesco £16 each all limited to 1500 copies each.

Ron