The Denter Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Got any steels with Dents, Impressions, or scratches? Oh you do huh? Me too. It also might be likely that you will have some in the future.

As some know, some etailers/retailers will replace your damaged steels and let you keep the dented ones. (Sometimes free, or at a small price) Regardless of that matter, its alway seems hard trying to get rid of dented steels or one that are technically only slightly damaged but to a steel collector it is definitely damaged.

That being said, this thread is for everyone to unload their damaged ones for other damaged ones. You might be thinking, what the hell is the point of that? Well at the end of the day, there is still a disc inside those damaged steels. So if I have 2 of the same movie, it might be easier getting rid of it to someone else who has 2 of the same. At least I will then have a different movie to watch :)

So typically your damaged steels should be paired up in a trade with another's as such.

Small Impressions/scratches for Small Impressions/scratches
Small Dents/impressions for Small Dents/impressions
Big Dents/Scratches for Big Dents/Scratches

I figured we could test out this thread and see how much it helps. Unless your steels are easily describable then pics might help your trade.

Last edited:
I've got a Water World with 2 small dent like impressions. They are definitely visible.

Great idea. Going to have to look through my discard box to see if I have any to list.

Cheers
Crashkelly

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Sweeney Todd (pretty big dent on the back - haven't fixed yet, but probably pretty easy to)

I Am Legend - 1st release Canada - pretty bad crinkle at the top, and some other minor damage around that. Back is completely mint.

Both are for trade only - might have a couple more to list.

These are mine...:(

Avatar (UK) – Small Dent Front Bottom Left Edge (no book or lenticular cards)
Inglourious Basterds (Germany) – Small Dent Front Top Right Edge
Hurt Locker (USA) – 2 Small Scratches Front Left Edge (through paint)
Pan’s Labyrinth (Italy) – Small Dent Front Right Edge

These are mine...:(

Avatar (UK) – Small Dent Front Bottom Left Edge (no book or lenticular cards)
Inglourious Basterds (Germany) – Small Dent Front Top Right Edge
Hurt Locker (USA) – 2 Small Scratches Front Left Edge (through paint)
Pan’s Labyrinth (Italy) – Small Dent Front Right Edge

I wouldnt mind getting your IB since my IB German is tucked away sealed in the German box lol. If you are not interested in Water World I can check at home to see what else I got. Pretty sure I got a couple others.

I have 2 Shooters with some dings/scratches but nothing major, and 2 Orphanages with minor scratches/dents.

I wouldnt mind getting your IB since my IB German is tucked away sealed in the German box lol. If you are not interested in Water World I can check at home to see what else I got. Pretty sure I got a couple others.

Let me know what else you got. Jimmy is sending me WW. And I've turned over a new leaf. I'm opening everything except my most PRECIOUS.:D I'm sure this IB would be cozy at your house! I was just thinking, you could have a very nice, and very affordable collection if dents, scratches and opened didn't matter!:naughty:

Got a Dark Knight (open) with a minor compression on the cover and ding on the front cover & paint scratches on the bottom.

Got a UK Expendables with a crushed front cover and spine. The back is near mint.

I'm interested in purchasing any damaged steels. What some members class as "damaged" really doesn't faze me. I predominantly open and watch all my steels so a little damage is no issue to me. If anybody is interested in selling, then please PM me with any steels along with the price you're looking for them.

Someone's junk is somebody else's treasure!:D

I'm interested in purchasing any damaged steels. What some members class as "damaged" really doesn't faze me. I predominantly open and watch all my steels so a little damage is no issue to me. If anybody is interested in selling, then please PM me with any steels along with the price you're looking for them.

Someone's junk is somebody else's treasure!:D

Hopey is my Hero! The Hobby has been needing you! lol.

How about a Steelbook exchange system. Swap over undamaged panels or sell them so that people can replace damaged fronts/ backs without having to buy a whole new Steelbook.

That's a great idea. I have a District 9 (GER) with a badly dented rear panel but excellent front panel. I don't have the plastic lining, though, as I used it to convert Monster's, Inc. from Jumbo to Slimline. :)

Have monsters quersteel. Has impression where steel opens. Buyer onlu pays shipping. Pm

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk