The Good Wife (Season 5) [CBS]

Season 4 of this series starts up tonight with the addition of British actor Marc Warren (Hustle, Mad Dogs) as Kalinda's ex husband who is terrorizing her.

Looking forward to watch this! Everyone better be participating in this thread if you watch the show!

Attachments

• Good Wife.jpg
    Good Wife.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the fan reaction to the Nick & Kalinda storyline has not been parallel to my own thoughts. I've enjoyed that storyline a lot, although to be fair I'm a fan of Marc Warren from his time on Hustle and Mad Dogs. I was excited to see he was cast, and I've enjoyed the back and forth between he and Kalinda.

"The Good Wife" creators have heard your cries and are making adjustments to the Kalinda/Nick storyline. In an interview with TV Guide, Robert and Michelle King acknowledged the arc has hit a few wrong chords with fans.

"You don't give James Bond a girlfriend," Robert said. "Some characters you actually don't want to see that much backstory. We're adjusting. No matter where we went, this was not a place where the audience wanted to go."

Kalinda's estranged husband, Nick (Marc Warren), was first hinted at back in Season 2. The show teased his arrival in Season 3 with menacing phone calls, but he didn't show up until the Season 4 premiere. After a series of physical altercations -- including violence and sex, including one very risque scene involving ice cream -- the Kings are listening to the critics and viewers and moving toward wrapping up the story.

EW's Ken Tucker remarked that Kalinda's husband story could make the character peak and has removed her almost entirely from the main goings on of Lockhart/Gardner. "Something needs to be fixed with this Kalinda mess, and I’m just hoping that show creators Robert and Michelle King are playing me (and you) for a cat’s paw, and there’s a quick, satisfying resolution that puts Kalinda back in action and wary friendship beside Alicia once again," he wrote.

The Daily Beast’s Jace Lacob and Maria Elena Fernandez debated the storyline. Fernandez said, "I don’t buy their relationship or the predicament she finds herself in at all. It has not been set up for us. And while we are not supposed to root for Nick, we are supposed to root for Kalinda. I don’t. I don’t feel anything for her."

In the comments of a recent recap of "The Good Wife" here at HuffPost TV, one reader said, "I really don't get the Kalinda and ex-husband story nor do I really get the whole Kalinda sex-capades that developed last year. Bring back our beloved Kalinda!"

Looks like that will soon happen.

Robert said the writers have "accelerated that story a little because we didn't feel the viewers were responding to it as well as we thought."

"We're not complete dilettantes when it comes to storytelling," he said. "When your audience is either a) falling asleep or b) provoked, you kind of want to continue the story you're telling, but pace it up a bit and finish the story earlier than you thought originally."

Viewers can look for Alicia and Cary to get involved in the story "because obviously we feel the characters are better when it's a full work family of characters."

Love the show :) Not that many people I know watch it here in the UK but I've watched it from the beginning :D

Alan Cummings is superb in it :)

Others still watching this show?

I guess so as its still on! :D I personally have watched this from the start and think its got better and better as times gone on.

Eli Gold is clearly the best character lol Such a stress head!

Of course I'm still watching this show! It is season 5 and it is its best season yet! What a show! The actors are splendid, the stories are delightful and I 'm always on the edge of my seat when there are episodes like the last few ones with the war between F/A and L/G. Love it!! Cannot wait for it to come back in march

Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
Of course I'm still watching this show! It is season 5 and it is its best season yet! What a show! The actors are splendid, the stories are delightful and I 'm always on the edge of my seat when there are episodes like the last few ones with the war between F/A and L/G. Love it!! Cannot wait for it to come back in march

March?! Season 5 started last week in UK! You're a month behind in FR?

Lol, in France we are at least one or two year behind. Hopefully I have other ways to watch it.
What I meant is that the show is on hiatus because of grammys, Olympie games and Academy awards so 2nd half of the season begins in march

OMG... Épisode 15 is just..... Cannot believe it.... I m in shock right now. How clever from the producers and how they brought this moment from the beginning of the season. I wonder how the rets of the season will unfold. (Please no spoilers guys in case others have not caught up)