Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 19, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99

The Marvels UK.jpg

The Marvels Front.jpg The Marvels Back.jpg The Marvels Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Sony are taking over the distribution of Disney physical media so maybe that will mean we'll get better steelbooks.
No they aren't, that's US/CA only. Elevation sales already manage disney distribution in the UK. They have done since October last year. I can't see anything changing r.e MCU art.

More s**t steelbooks then
Yeah I really wouldn't expect anything to change from an art perspective. Marvel studios will have pretty much all the say in art approval, so it is what it is. Non-marvel stuff may change, but tbf disney animated steels are usually relatively decent.

I told you last week that it sucked. It looks better in your photo too than it does in hand. Weird steelbook.
I'm fully aware you told me it sucked lol. But what was I gonna do? Not get it? I still need to watch it and I have all the other MCU steels so one way or the other I'm gonna get them and then maybe along the way get nicer versions of some.

I got mine today also and I can't tell if it is supposed to look the way it does as an artistic choice or if they just didn't care.

Staff meeting somewhere in the past...
Art director: "Let's brainstorm about the Marvels steelbook."
Staff member: "What if we use one of the promo poster for front art?"
Art director: "Nah... too expansive... We need a cheaper solution. Just ask a freelance artist to do something for cheap. Some have already done. But I have a brilliant idea. Cats are cute. We need cats somewhere on the steel. And please, kittens. WE DO NEED KITTENS."

I really enjoyed Captain Marvel and I liked the idea of this one, where the three characters are jumping to each others location when they use their powers. I thought it would be fun, but forty minutes into the movie I suddenly realised that I wasn't enjoying it at all, and that the location jumping was annoying. It all felt disjointed and it's not for me.

Reactions: samdavies
I really enjoyed Captain Marvel and I liked the idea of this one, where the three characters are jumping to each others location when they use their powers. I thought it would be fun, but forty minutes into the movie I suddenly realised that I wasn't enjoying it at all, and that the location jumping was annoying. It all felt disjointed and it's not for me.
Agree, but it wasn't even that which got to me, it was the lack of any meaningful climax, or anything particularly interesting going on at all actually. Best bit was the post credit scene.