paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 27, 2024
Purchase links: Arrow Video - Amazon - DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video
Price: $70.00 (Arrow Video) - $73.62 (Amazon) - $64.99 (DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video)
Notes: UHD is Desperado

tmt_exploded_pack-us.png

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentations of all three films
- 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of Desperado
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Carlos Aguilar and Nicholas Clement
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
- Double sided posters featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
- Collectable poster featuring Robert Rodriguez’s original poster concept for El Mariachi

DISC 1 - EL MARIACHI (BLU-RAY)
- Original uncompressed Latin-American Spanish stereo audio, plus an English dub in lossless stereo
- Optional English subtitles, plus English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Commentary by writer-director Robert Rodriguez
- Big Vision Low Budget, a newly filmed interview with Rodriguez
- The Original Mariachi, a newly filmed interview with producer/star Carlos Gallardo
- The Music of ‘El Mariachi’, a newly produced featurette on the music in the film, featuring interviews with composers Eric Guthrie, Chris Knudson, Alvaro Rodriguez and Marc Trujillo
- Ten Minute Film School, an archive featurette produced and narrated by Rodriguez
- Bedhead, a 1991 short film by Rodriguez
- Theatrical trailer and TV spot

DISCS 2 & 3 - DESPERADO (BLU-RAY / 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY)
- New 4K restoration from the original camera negative by Sony Pictures
- Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by writer-director Robert Rodriguez
- Lean and Mean, a newly filmed interview with Rodriguez
- Shoot Like Crazy, a newly filmed interview with producer Bill Borden
- Kill Count, a newly filmed interview with stunt coordinator Steve Davison
- Lock and Load, a newly filmed interview with special effects coordinator Bob Shelley
- Game Changer, a newly filmed appreciation by filmmaker Gareth Evans (The Raid)
- Ten More Minutes: Anatomy of a Shootout, an archive featurette narrated by Rodriguez
- Textless opening (“Morena de mi Corazón”)
- Theatrical trailers

DISC 4 - ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO (BLU-RAY)
- Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround and 2.0 stereo audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Commentary by writer-director Robert Rodriguez
- The Revolution Will Be Digitized, a newly filmed interview with Rodriguez
- Troublemaking, a newly filmed interview with visual effects editor Ethan Maniquis
- Eight deleted scenes, with optional commentary by Rodriguez
- Ten Minute Flick School, an archive featurette narrated by Rodriguez
- Inside Troublemaker Studios, an archive featurette on Rodriguez’s studio in Austin
- Ten Minute Cooking School, an archive featurette in which Rodriguez shows you how to cook Puerco Pibil
- Film is Dead: An Evening with Robert Rodriguez, a presentation by the director given in 2003
- The Anti-Hero’s Journey, an archive featurette on the arc of the Mariachi
- The Good, the Bad and the Bloody: Inside KNB FX, an archive featurette on the film’s special effects
- Theatrical trailers

Oh man, I'll have to get this for the sequel. Don't much care for Mariachi, and Desperado is getting its own steelbook release.

If you already own last two movies of trilogy buying this one is pointless especially since thise are old scans. Just get UHD of Desperado on its own.

What are the chances of this coming to UK? 100% in if it does!
Might be USA/Canada only
Have to wait until tomorrow to find out if UK also

Arrow Films UK August release will be officially be announced on Friday from 3PM UK time
I might post details about 10 to 15 min before arrow announce on Friday as listings sometimes show on arrow UK website before 3pm

It's likely Silence of the Lambs 4K will be a UK release but that's still to be confirmed

Reactions: Noodles
Might be USA/Canada only
Have to wait until tomorrow to find out if UK also

Arrow Films UK August release will be officially be announced on Friday from 3PM UK time
I might post details about 10 to 15 min before arrow announce on Friday as listings sometimes show on arrow UK website before 3pm

It's likely Silence of the Lambs 4K will be a UK release but that's still to be confirmed
Just remembered it's actually quite cheap to order from their US site anyway (I did so with Warriors), so no real biggie if it doesn't turn up here.

Shows how out of the loop I am nowadays... had no idea they were doing SOTL :OMG:

Just remembered it's actually quite cheap to order from their US site anyway (I did so with Warriors), so no real biggie if it doesn't turn up here.

Shows how out of the loop I am nowadays... had no idea they were doing SOTL :OMG:
Last time i was trying to order a restock of warriors the p&p had gone up considerably to uk, that combined with dubious packing was a dealbreaker

Last time i was trying to order a restock of warriors the p&p had gone up considerably to uk, that combined with dubious packing was a dealbreaker
I just checked and standard delivery is still fairly cheap for me... I tested it with a couple different editions and the shipping rate varied between about $6-$8. Even with a couple items in my basket it was never more than $8. Can't remember exactly how long it took for my Warriors order to arrive, but it was certainly quicker than I expected IIRC. I also don't recall what the packaging was like unfortunately (most likely the same Zavvi/Arrow UK type stuff), but I know my copy is thankfully mint!

I just checked and standard delivery is still fairly cheap for me... I tested it with a couple different editions and the shipping rate varied between about $6-$8. Even with a couple items in my basket it was never more than $8. Can't remember exactly how long it took for my Warriors order to arrive, but it was certainly quicker than I expected IIRC. I also don't recall what the packaging was like unfortunately (most likely the same Zavvi/Arrow UK type stuff), but I know my copy is thankfully mint!
Will check ✔️