The Official "Amazon Streaming/On Demand Service(TBA) & News Discussion

It may not have snagged a deal with Miramax or acquired Hulu just yet, but Amazon is busy adding content to its all-you-can-eat Prime Instant Video service. This note on the home page points out the "more than 1,000 additional movies and TV shows" with faves like Sesame Street and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles among them. The terms are still the same, it's a pack-in for paid Prime subscribers and Amazon points out there's already over 300 ways to watch on HDTVs, Blu-ray players or set-top boxes, so update your charts and see if this plus free shipping makes for a good Netflix alternative.

I was trying the service out a few nights ago and it's not bad. Decent quality, but most of the content had a price on it. When I selected any of the content I searched for, it always had a price. So I am not understanding how Amazon prime members get content for free.

Hey Horhay, maybe they deliberately do this, so you have to browse (extensively, apparently, and pehaps consider some "paid" items while there), to find the free stuff, if accessing it on your TV? Not sure....

Hey Horhay, maybe they deliberately do this, so you have to browse (extensively, apparently, and pehaps consider some "paid" items while there), to find the free stuff, if accessing it on your TV? Not sure....

Yeah there's a section called "Prime videos". The section is very very very small and has old TV shows and movies. So I am not really sure what's suppose to be free on the other sections. Even a title coming from a search has a price, I am not sure if clicking on it will charge me.