WHSmith [UK]

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
With today's shocking news about Play.com, I thought I'd share that I saw some steelbooks in sale in my local WHSmith today. :D

I wonder if we'll see a wider set of retail outlets going forward - is that in fact Play.com's legacy?...

My only concern would be the handling of items in store by staff who don't appreciate the value/collectability of these items (though to be fair the ones I saw today were in fine shape :))

Reactions: jbsolo
:hilarious: :hilarious: They let me down over a Sucker Punch book too :angry:

Hey me too Dave!! :angry: The Art of the Movie one?? :drool: had me on tenderhooks for about 2 months before they finally admitted they couldn't get it! :( what was worse though was I then got it from Play.com, but it arrived ever so slightly damaged - I checked they could replace it and then returned it, only for them to say they couldn't actually get a replacement!! so i did have it in hand...briefly :hilarious:

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

What steelbooks did you see in-store buddy ?

It was only a few hours ago and do you know what? I'm struggling to remember!! :hilarious:

Ghostbusters, Jaws and I want to say Evil Dead, but that doesn't sound right for WHSmith - especially as they were just mixed in with an assortment of general releases...

Reactions: surfury
im sure i saw the gladiator steelbook in wh smith a long time ago.
before i was into steelbooks, and it i remember thinking 'why is that so much more expensive, just because it has a different case'
it was like £24, right next to the amaray at £12.
i seem to remember opening the case and seeing the artcards in there too.
no doubt it was dinged and scratched though.

im sure i saw the gladiator steelbook in wh smith a long time ago.
before i was into steelbooks, and it i remember thinking 'why is that so much more expensive, just because it has a different case'
it was like £24, right next to the amaray at £12.
i seem to remember opening the case and seeing the artcards in there too.
no doubt it was dinged and scratched though.

Lol you just went ahead and opened the case? :hilarious:

WHSmith selling steelbooks?? WAAAA?? EEK!
I wasn't even aware they sold blu rays, apparently 90% of there business is done at Christmas time. What do you expect if you stock dairies and calenders?

Reactions: TakingYoSteelz