paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 24, 2024
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Arrow Films) - £29.99 (Zavvi - HMV)

Withnail and I.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Talent
4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, supervised and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
  • 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original lossless mono soundtrack
  • Optional lossless 5.1 soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Audio commentary by writer-director Bruce Robinson
  • Audio commentary by critic and writer Kevin Jackson, author of the BFI Modern Classic on Withnail & I
  • All four original Withnail Weekend documentaries, first screened on Channel 4 in 1999, including The Peculiar Memories of Bruce Robinson, which looks at the director’s career, Withnail & Us, which focuses on the film’s making, and two shorter documentaries, I Demand to Have Some Booze and Withnail on the Pier
  • Interview with production designer Michael Pickwoad
  • An appreciation of Withnail & I by Sam Bain, co-creator of Peep Show and Fresh Meat
  • Archival interview with Bruce Robinson
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring two choices of original artwork
  • Limited edition 60-page perfect bound book featuring writing on the film by Vic Pratt, Anthony Nield, Martin Jones, Neil Mitchell and Mike Sutton
  • Double-sided foldout poster featuring two choices of original artwork

Reactions: Billy Talent
I can never tell from the pictures they detail - will this be housed in a Full slipcase or just a slip sleeve?
It most likely will be a slipcover as the mock does not show amaray sticking out of the slip
As usual until released and in hand with customers only then will it be known for sure.

Reactions: TheWildEye