Star Trek: Into Darkness - Villain Edition (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (ES Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: 2nd September 2013
Price: £44.99
Pre-order: HERE

If you live outside the UK, all is not lost! Order via a Group Buy:
Group Buy: HERE or HERE

NEW UPDATE 8/13/2013:
We have a short update on the finish details for our 2 exclusive Star Trek Into Darkness steelbooks. Both the steelbook in the Villain Edition and the Hero Edition steelbook will have debossed title treatments and be matte finishes. We had some fantastic ideas for the “special packaging” we promised for the Hero Edition, but unfortunately the time constraints of turning this around in just over a month before the release date meant that none of them were possible. The Entertainment Store exclusive sticker that has been on our previous releases will be on these releases too, and we can only apologise for being able to make the Hero Edition special rather than extra special.

All is not lost though – some of the special packaging we had planned for Star Trek Into Darkness will be present on our next release, which we will be announcing exclusively via HDN on Tuesday 20th August. You won’t be disappointed, I promise!

Star Trek Into Darkness – The Villain Edition (Entertainment Store Exclusive)
Deluxe packaging featuring a 1:50 scale model of the USS Vengeance alongside a stunning 2D and 3D blu-ray plus digital copy steelbook. Limited to 4,000 copies and available exclusively from The Entertainment Store. Final packaging, steelbook finish, embossing, release date and pricing TBC.

attachment.php

Star Trek Into Darkness ES Exclusive Villain Edition_Front 3D.jpg

Star Trek Into Darkness ES Exclusive Villain Edition_Inside.jpg

Star Trek Into Darkness ES Exclusive Villain Edition_Rear 3D.jpg

PREVIOUS UPDATES
From our friends at Entertainment Store in the UK:
The Entertainment Store Boldly goes where other E-tailers cannot

The fastest growing Entertainment E-tailer on the Marketplace, The Entertainment Store, continues its strong exclusive packaging offering in September 2013 with the introduction of 2 2D and 3D Blu Ray Steelbooks for Star Trek: Into Darkness Home Entertainment release.

The limited edition Steelbooks are limited to 4,000 copies each, and will be available to Pre-order from The Entertainment Store on Play.com from midday Friday July 19th 2013.

Since its arrival in March 2013 The Entertainment Store has been working closely with Paramount Home Entertainment and have already teamed up to bring us exclusive Blu Ray SKUs such as GI Joe and Hansel and Gretel but this latest batch of releases look to be the most interesting yet. The E-tailer distributes product directly from the Studio warehouses so the product is guaranteed as authentic and of the highest quality.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
This has turned out great. They'll struggle to shift stock of this and will slash the price in half in a few months. I'll grab it then and get the Steelbook design I prefer for a reasonable price :scat:

This has turned out great. They'll struggle to shift stock of this and will slash the price in half in a few months. I'll grab it then and get the Steelbook design I prefer for a reasonable price :scat:

You can already get the steelbook for half the price from Amazon Spain, although it's not released until November.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I plan to leave negative feedback for them on the Play website as they clearly lied about dispatch dates. I suggest you do likewise, especially if your invoice says anything except Tuesday 27th August 2013. Maybe they'll learn a lesson from that.

I think I'll leave positive feedback, as I emailed them to cancel my order after the status changed to 'processing in warehouse', and they were very helpful and cancelled it, even after I received the dispatch notice. :thumbs:

Glad I'm not the only one, I like the ship, but then I didn't know what to expect, I'm not going to examine it closely to look at details, it sit nicely on my shelf, so I'm happy, it's such a shame that so many of you despise it, can I ask though what did you expect? A solid ship? Made of what ect...

Reactions: yy0925
Glad I'm not the only one, I like the ship, but then I didn't know what to expect, I'm not going to examine it closely to look at details, it sit nicely on my shelf, so I'm happy, it's such a shame that so many of you despise it, can I ask though what did you expect? A solid ship? Made of what ect...

I would have thought it would of at least been die cast. A cheap plastic toy for £20 is an absolute joke. Just look at it in Ricster's pic compared to the other models.

Somebody yesterday mentioned it's like a free toy you get with a McDonald's happy meal and I would have to agree.

At first I had this on order but then saw in hand video of the ship as it was released before the bd actually came out and it looked very cheap and not detailed well at all. So cancelled it.

The ship was never going to look much better than something that came out of a Christmas cracker. At £45, a hefty % of the price is accounted for by the steelbook, the packaging (box and plastic inner trays) and the subsidising of the free postage. The ship can't be worth any more than a few quid at best.

The same will probably be true of the upcoming MOS figurine editions and the Phaser STID editions. When companies like Hot Toys, Sideshow, QMX etc. put these things out they cost several hundreds of dollars each, minimum. So anything manufactured and packaged with a steelbook for under $100 isn't likely to be of mind-blowing quality. Which is fine as long as buyers are aware of that before purchase.

The ship was never going to look much better than something that came out of a Christmas cracker. At £45, a hefty % of the price is accounted for by the steelbook, the packaging (box and plastic inner trays) and the subsidising of the free postage. The ship can't be worth any more than a few quid at best.

The same will probably be true of the upcoming MOS figurine editions and the Phaser STID editions. When companies like Hot Toys, Sideshow, QMX etc. put these things out they cost several hundreds of dollars each, minimum. So anything manufactured and packaged with a steelbook for under $100 isn't likely to be of mind-blowing quality. Which is fine as long as buyers are aware of that before purchase.

The phaser was sold separately and actually is metal and good quality according to people who have it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

The phaser was sold separately and actually is metal and good quality according to people who have it.

I used to have the Master Replicas TOS Phasers and thought they were good quality. But then at $400 retail they should have been. Given that these new ones are being offered out - bundled with a blu-ray - at well under a quarter of the price, I'm keeping my expectations realistic. Though I always hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Anyhow...wrong thread. ;)

The Hot Wheels ship is only £19.99 to purchase by itself so my problem is that it's another example of Mattel putting out budget quality items at collectors prices.

It was advertised as being die cast metal, but half of it is plastic and rubber. If you made a comparison to Hot Wheels car line it would be the equivalent of having a metal bonnet while rest is plastic. As others have pointed out the ships from the official starships collection are only £9.99 after the first 2 discounted issues and they are better made than this. If you made a comparison to Hot Wheels car line it would be the

I don't think the blame for this lays with ES, I'm sure they were expecting it to be better quality than what we ended up with.

Full disclosure: I have a long history of problems with Mattel and was recently banned from mattycollector for calling out the MOTUC brand manager on their dodgy business practices so my opinion might be a little biased :p

I used to have the Master Replicas TOS Phasers and thought they were good quality. But then at $400 retail they should have been. Given that these new ones are being offered out - bundled with a blu-ray - at well under a quarter of the price, I'm keeping my expectations realistic. Though I always hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Anyhow...wrong thread. ;)

This is the one with the boxset

http://store.qmxonline.com/Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-Phaser-Replica_p_225.html

metal and polystone replica from moulds off film. wont be as good as something from sideshow etc but still much better then hot wheels!

Mine arrived yesterday, looks really cool. I am gonna keep it all sealed up and display it on a shelf. It was expensive and i did wonder shall i shall i not, but now it is here it makes a nice display set.

I got mine today. Looks like the delivery driver used it as a booster seat. Box was crushed to buggery. Contacted ES for replacement, but after all the talk here, not even sure if I want it any more. Especially considering the price.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2