#030 Frozen (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: January 28, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (try cart code INSTA for possible 10% off fyi)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Art by Tom Whalen

Frozen Mondo X Zavvi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, that's a first. Any clues on the label why it came from Sweden?
It's not first time I have vinyl and box sets and a few rare occasions a steelbook before been sent using sweden postal service with zavvi

This was mostly back in 2016/2017 and I had hoped Zavvi stopped doing this

They save a lot of money on postal costs doing this a few other retailers do it also

Some occasions it's post redirected to avoid vat ;)

@paulboland the t/t of my copy is longer than usual, so I have a bad feeling that mine is arriving from a different origin, same as yours :(
Fingers crossed...

@paulboland the t/t of my copy is longer than usual, so I have a bad feeling that mine is arriving from a different origin, same as yours :(
Fingers crossed...
You will know when it arrives by the packaging and post mark
You will also notice no CN Customs Label if not shipped from Guernsey

Mine was not shipped from the UK it was sent from sweden in a cardboard mailer

I'm at the moment on twitter DM messages with Zavvi explaining they are not to ship any of my orders from sweden
They initially said we don't ship from sweden but when I showed the a photo of the packaging with sweden post mark they requested I my address details
Ireland is not Sweden LOL

I made very clear all my Zavvi orders are to be shipped from the UK and steelbooks must be sent in the Zavvi White Steelbook Boxes

I know why they ship some orders from sweden it's done for them to avoid vat as a business they not using my orders for this purpose as was amazon doing with asendia carrier shipping from sweden I put a stop to amazon UK doing this for orders been shipped to Rep of Ireland

I'm in Ireland all my orders are to be shipped direct from UK/Channel Islands to Rep of Ireland and not from other countries
Zavvi Blu-ray/DVD releases are UK/Ireland products which is why UK/Irish rating logos is on all the Blu-ray/DVD discs inside

Someone at Zavvi when shipping orders don't know where Ireland is LOL

Why is that Paul? Why can't/shouldn't they ship from Sweden? Personal preference?
Using Sweden postal service is using cheap post service that redirects post from UK to Sweden and then to other countries
Packaging is cheap and not fit for purpose of shipping Steelbooks and Box Sets
There is long delays often in post arriving and more than usual lost in post happening

UK retailer is to use postal service in the UK that ships direct from UK in my case to Rep of Ireland and not a redirect postal service that uses other postal services in other countries for purpose using cheap post and tax avoidance.

Amazon UK do this also using asendia but I put a stop to this for Rep of Ireland

UK retailers using cheap sweden postal service is high risk of receiving damaged items and orders not arriving it's not be used

If Zavvi want very happy customers in Rep Of Ireland use An Post in the UK as amazon UK use
It's direct from UK to Ireland with no redirecting of post involved and it's good value cost wise for business and customers
Free tracking included with delivery in 1-3 days

Reactions: DMD4k
Using Sweden postal service is using cheap post service that redirects post from UK to Sweden and then to other countries
Packaging is cheap and not fit for purpose of shipping Steelbooks and Box Sets
There is long delays often in post arriving and more than usual lost in post happening

UK retailer is to use postal service in the UK that ships direct from UK in my case to Rep of Ireland and not a redirect postal service that uses other postal services in other countries for purpose using cheap post and tax avoidance.

Amazon UK do this also using asendia but I put a stop to this for Rep of Ireland

UK retailers using cheap sweden postal service is high risk of receiving damaged items and orders not arriving it's not be used
Thanks for the info, I was unaware Swedish post was that poor. I'm a bit surprised by it all I guess. I've never received anything shipped from the UK that's been delivered by Swedish post.
What I don't understand, unless you have certain pull with Amazon or Zavvi, is how you can dictate what their shipping practices should be. I must conclude you do have some voice in their shipping operations at least :) Could you ask Zavvi to use an EU based warehouse for shipping to EU addresses, especially after April?

Reactions: paulboland
Thanks for the info, I was unaware Swedish post was that poor. I'm a bit surprised by it all I guess. I've never received anything shipped from the UK that's been delivered by Swedish post.
What I don't understand, unless you have certain pull with Amazon or Zavvi, is how you can dictate what their shipping practices should be. I must conclude you do have some voice in their shipping operations at least :) Could you ask Zavvi to use an EU based warehouse for shipping to EU addresses, especially after April?
I kept at amazon uk for months as in lot of complaining lol to use An Post it's best suited for customers based in Rep of Ireland for very fast delivery times and tracking included at no extra cost involved
Amazon Germany also now have recently on occasions started to use An Post for customers based in Rep of Ireland but it's only the odd time at the moment.

A retailer should use the best postal service that is best suited for the location it's been delivered it's good business to get happy customers
Using redirect postal service like swiss post is suited for customers based in sweden not other countries.

I understand a business wanting to save costs by using cheap post service but often it backfires in having to issue refunds or replacements

Swedish post is not poor at all. I've had plenty of packages sent through them from members on here and delivery was fast and safe. It all comes down to the packaging and the type of service used. Much like with any other postal service. Obviously Zavvi are using the absolute cheapest method which doesn't guarantee proper handling and given how poor their packaging is, well, there you go.

• Thanks
I kept at amazon uk for months as in lot of complaining lol to use An Post it's best suited for customers based in Rep of Ireland for very fast delivery times and tracking included at no extra cost involved
Amazon Germany also now have recently on occasions started to use An Post for customers based in Rep of Ireland but it's only the odd time at the moment.

A retailer should use the best postal service that is best suited for the location it's been delivered it's good business to get happy customers
Using redirect postal service like swiss post is suited for customers based in sweden not other countries.

I understand a business wanting to save costs by using cheap post service but often it backfires in having to issue refunds or replacements
Absolutely, I agree with all of that :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Well this is something new for me. I received my Frozen steelbooks today.
After receiving all of my previous Zavvi steelbooks for years shipped individually from Guernsey in white boxes, this time they arrived together in 1 brown box 6 cm (2 1/4 inches) thick, similar to the type used by amazon (the kind where you can open the ends or tear the strip to open).

It looks like it came from Madrid, Spain. They're in excellent shape. One concern is that the customs declaration form has the amount of GBP 65.73. The amount wasn't visible because the slip was folded and sealed in plastic but it was on the outside of the box.
It obviously wasn't removed or viewed by customs.

After receiving all of my previous Zavvi steelbooks for years shipped individually from Guernsey in white boxes, this time they arrived together in 1 brown box 6 cm (2 1/4 inches) thick, similar to the type used by amazon (the kind where you can open the ends or tear the strip to open).

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
i hope they continue shipping from inside the EU, but keep on using their old white boxes
They still are been shipped from the UK the hut watehouse but zavvi are using cheap post methods
Cheap postal services in packaging that not good for steelbooks.

White Boxes are only used if shipped from Guernsey warehouse

I got my predator steelbook today and shipped from Guernsey in white box

Hopefully it was just a one off zavvi not shipping some orders of frozen Mondo steelbook from Guernsey warehouse and all future steelbooks are shipped from Guernsey