• Total voters

FanOfGaming

Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Quarterfinal Matchups:

Eastern Conference:
New York Rangers (1) vs Ottawa Senators (8)
Boston Bruins (2) vs Washington Capitals (7)
Florida Panthers (3) vs New Jersey Devils (6)
Pittsburgh Penguins (4) vs Philadelphia Flyers (5)

Western Conference:
Vancouver Canucks (1) vs Los Angeles Kings (8)
St Louis Blues (2) vs San Jose Sharks (7)
Phoenix Coyotes (3) vs Chicago Blackhawks (6)
Nashville Predators (4) vs Detroit Red Wings (5)

My picks:
New York Rangers/Boston Bruins/New Jersey Devils/Pittsburgh Penguins
Vancouver Canucks/St Louis Blues/Phoenix Coyotes/Detroit Red Wings

What are your picks? Also, vote in the poll with your pick to win the Stanley Cup!

Last edited:
My 1st rounds picks:

NYC, Washington, New Jersey, Pittsburgh

Vancouver, San Jose, Chicago, Nashville

Most exciting time of the year for sports... NHL Playoffs!

Reactions: kaw
My 1st rounds picks:

NYC, Washington, New Jersey, Pittsburgh

Vancouver, San Jose, Chicago, Nashville

Most exciting time of the year for sports... NHL Playoffs!

I think I know who you voted for to win the Cup too *cough*Vancouver*cough* :p

I wonder who picked San Jose :dunno:

And it is definitely the most exciting time of the year for sports, found someone else who shares my passion for hockey :oohyeah:

I think I know who you voted for to win the Cup too *cough*Vancouver*cough* :p

I wonder who picked San Jose :dunno:

And it is definitely the most exciting time of the year for sports, found someone else who shares my passion for hockey :oohyeah:

Lol, I know I was wondering about the San Jose vote too.

You know how it goes... gotta support the home team. Vancouver's got a legit shot again i think but you know how it is with Hockey... anything can happen on the ice. Game changes so quickly.

You know Im actually excited to see the Devils back in the playoff's as a legit contender. This has got to be the biggest moment in Kovalchuk's career. He has to make something make happen this playoff and prove he's a legit #1 guy in the league when it counts. All those years with the Thrashers might have been disappointing but they were also pressure free. Kovalchuk's contract is as much of an ankle bracelet to the Devils as Luongo's is to the Canucks. Horrible deals IMO.

Same kind of deal with Rick Nash too I guess.... never seen the playoff's once. So sad. Im glad he's leaving Columbus. Although something tell's me he will live up to his name in the playoff's. He's been too good at the Canada level many times under pressure.

Definitely an exciting time for sure. Im so pumped. The air just feels different in this town when the playoff's come around. Im sure its like that in all hockey crazed towns. The only time Im this excited sports wise other then the NHL playoffs is the NFL showdown to the Super Bowl. So much pressure in the NFL, lol. Must win every week.

But nothing compares to the NHL 7 game series grind with all the up's and down's. Stanley Cup is the most prestigious trophy in sports for a reason!

So who do you think will make it to the cup finals this year FoG ?

Im thinking its going to be either NYC or Pittsburgh from the east (Srry, lol) and Nashville or Vancouver from the west. I really think Nahsville will be the surprise team of the 2012 playoffs either making it to the third round or the cup finals. There team is so deep and set on all fronts. And the fans are pretty classy from Nashville too so It would be nice to see them do well for their fans too.

It will be fun to look back at these comments in 2-3 months when everything shakes down, lol, and see how right or wrong we were.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
Die hard Habs fan here..... don't get me started about this year... :rolleyes:

Anyways......... I will go with Vancouver as I always go for Canadian teams in the playoffs and lets face it, Ottawa is not a legit contender, lol.

The Pitts Philli series should be very interesting. I don't watch much of the western games so I can't really comment on those teams.

I'd love for the Capitals to do something. This area sucks for sports. But I have a feeling Pittsburgh will be a tough out. They have talent at all three major spots

I'd love for the Capitals to do something. This area sucks for sports. But I have a feeling Pittsburgh will be a tough out. They have talent at all three major spots

Agreed. If I had to pick one team from the East right now it would be Pittsburgh in the cup final.

i heard, from my brother, that whatever team pittsburgh is facing is gonna be a challenge

but remember i don't know wtf i'm talking about when it comes to hockey haha

but still, go PENGUINS!

i heard, from my brother, that whatever team pittsburgh is facing is gonna be a challenge

but remember i don't know wtf i'm talking about when it comes to hockey haha

but still, go PENGUINS!

he wasn't lying, Philadelphia is a strong team. Probably will be the most exciting series of the first round

he wasn't lying, Philadelphia is a strong team. Probably will be the most exciting series of the first round

Agreed. And a blood bath, lol. They hate each other.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

What I Want: New Jersey vs Vancouver

What I Expect: Pittsburgh vs Vancouver

Agreed.

Agreed. And a blood bath, lol. They hate each other.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Agreed.

Yeah my Pens and the Flyers definately hate each other. Then throw on top of it, that Jagr originally said if he ever came back to the NHL, he'd only play for the penguins as he felt he owed Mario Lemieux for helping make him into the player that he became. Then he goes and signs with our biggest rivalry. I hope he gets smeared in the playoffs. He's definately still good for being 40 years old.

Reactions: Antman
wow, what an embarrassing loss for the Canucks tonight. They looked like the 30th place Blue Jackets not the Presidents Trophy winning team. I hope they wake up soon because that was just an absolute horribly played game start to finish. Luongo was the only Canuck awake on the ice. For a change he actually played well in a playoff game and the team decided to take a snooze.

Reactions: kaw and FanOfGaming