Horror Chat 2017 Last Horror watched-Annual HDN October Watch party! [Concluded-see you in 2018!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
watch party anim.gif

Hello horrific ninjas!

It's that time of year again where we get together and share recommendations, and the last horror film you watched in honor of the spookiest holiday of the year! Jump into this thread all throughout October and join the fun by sharing the flicks you're enjoying and win prizes along the way. Tag your favorite horror fans on the forum and let them know it's time to get creepy and gory at HDN!

Be sure to subscribe to the thread (Click "Watch Thread" the the top right of the thread, so that you know what fellow ninjas are watching, and enter to win prizes when you see me post a pic of candy corns.

Also, keep your eyes peeled on the front page of HDN and in the forum for additional giveaways, special announcement, during our third annual HDN HALLOWEEN FEST!

halloweenfest-facebook.png

Pre-order HDN Black Label # 3 Suspiria exclusively at http://shop.hidefninja.com
suspiria-728-ordernow.gif

horrorsideshow-728.jpg

Exclusive HDN Nosferatu pin live now!
nosferatu pinb&w.jpg

Last edited:
Just a periodic reminder that, as every year, I will be posting a pic of candy corn candy in this thread along with an Amazon gift card prize that you can win. When you see the pic, pm me immediately. The 1st person that sees the "treat" and contacts me will win. Good luck! :ninja:

Happy viewing!
mmyers.jpg

30 days of night:

Love this film and it kinda still surprises me everytime. I think it's quite under rated and I always seem to forget how violent it is. Especially that axe

• Thanks
Reactions: MGD and digitalbabe
So glad @digitalbabe is doing this event again. :) :D This is my favorite time of the year. Fun times seeing what everyone is viewing.

I need more time to get started but saw it comes at night a few weeks ago. post-apocalyptic worlds are always interesting to me. Kinda reminded me of The Last of Us in some ways.

P_HO00004669.jpg

Friday The 13th in the Halloween Month. Can't get anything better than that my fellow Ninja Ghouls. #HappyFridayThe13th

did a couple of first time watch this last few weeknights, starting with the apocalyptic horror It Comes At Night; blind bought Jackals but the payoff wasn't great; Kill List was a crazy one and ending with the British haunted house horror, The Legend of Hell House.

just came home from watching Happy Death Day--Groundhog Day in horror style! the film combined humor with mystery/thriller nicely. Not really scary but well worth to start your weekend.

Friday The 13th in the Halloween Month. Can't get anything better than that my fellow Ninja Ghouls. #HappyFridayThe13th

did a couple of first time watch this last few weeknights, starting with the apocalyptic horror It Comes At Night; blind bought Jackals but the payoff wasn't great; Kill List was a crazy one and ending with the British haunted house horror, The Legend of Hell House.

just came home from watching Happy Death Day--Groundhog Day in horror style! the film combined humor with mystery/thriller nicely. Not really scary but well worth to start your weekend.

Really want to see happy death day

What did you think of it comes at night?

I see on your Insta you were going watch or had watched kill list, what did you think of it? I love that film. A little too much lol
Such a gem

Watched as above so below

Seen it loads of times but it was on TV so just rolled with it

Really want to see happy death day

What did you think of it comes at night?

I see on your Insta you were going watch or had watched kill list, what did you think of it? I love that film. A little too much lol
Such a gem
It Comes At Night--I find it plays on the fear of the unknown..i had high hopes for this one but i find it unresolved. As for Kill List, raw crime/horror story with a very weird ending. I love the claustrophobic feeling but could had a better execution.

The babysitter

I liked it. It's well random and actually quite funny. Has some really creative edits, shots and scenes too with a decent soundtrack.

wasn't expecting it to be so violent, funny and weird

She's so hot too.

It Comes At Night--I find it plays on the fear of the unknown..i had high hopes for this one but i find it unresolved. As for Kill List, raw crime/horror story with a very weird ending. I love the claustrophobic feeling but could had a better execution.

I wanted a physical "it" in it comes at night but I still enjoyed it

Kill list kinda reminds me of dead mans shoes with the way it's filmed and how natural some of the acting and conversations are

I found some guys list on IMDB of his top 60 horror films from 2014-2017 and tbh he seems like my doppelgänger in taste for the majority. A lot of psychological horrors and the films I had seen on his list I like so I thought I'd work through a bunch of the ones I hadn't

Last night I watched the invitation

I'd never heard of it, decided to watch the trailer and put the film on before the trailer was over Lol.
I know a lot will hate this because it's not a traditional horror but it's build up to the finale is so well done and you feel like your going through what the main character is experiencing.

it's a slow burner and the tone kind of reminded me of coherence which I love plus like that it's based around a dinner party too but I really enjoyed it.
The way the filmmaker builds up paranoia, tension and shows depression is clever and effective, the score is chilling and unsettling at times to match the main characers point in his life and the way his mind is working

Logan Marshall- green is perfect in this and the rest of the cast do a great job too. I guessed the ending quite quickly but it didn't stop me from enjoying it even though at one point toward the end I doubted my self for split second
Absolutely. I watched 'The Invitation' without any infos, i just read that people were disappointed by, like you said, for not being a traditional horror, no jump scares, action etc. But all that doesn't matter at all in this case. Everything works so well in 'The invitation', the characters chemistry and the slow, but at no scene boring, build up, makes you seek for more and anticipate the ending. I be honest, i got tricked a few times, 'is it really happening or not?" (don't want to spoil now). It's another one of those movies to be better off seeing it without any informations whatsoever, then you're in for a ride.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Watched Crimson peak again last night

See it when it first came out and wasn't really a fan but I much preferred it on the second watch. Jessica chastain was a bit wooden though. She's better than that
Yep, same happened to me, i was looking forward to watch a Guillermo Del Toro horror, i just love his art style/visuals. That being said, the expectations were high which eventually was the reason why i felt slighty underwhelmed on my first watch, i didn't disliked it or anything, i just expected a little bit more. On my second view although i must say the movie grew on me. For the gothic visuals alone it's worth to watch. People might say 'Crimson Peak' is rather predictable, this is a thing which never bothered me in movies, a movie can be enjoyable even if it's predictable.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Status
Not open for further replies.