3D stole the show at CES 2010

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
ces20103deverywhere28lg600.jpg

Not sure why we've been putting this off, but we'll just come right out and say it: there's no doubt that this was the year for 3D at CES. We walked the show floor for countless hours and can tell you that just about everyone was showing something related to 3D at their booths. Most of these demos required a bit of a wait to experience them (thanks, hype), and everywhere you went people were talking about 3D. Granted, not all of that talk was positive, but it was talk nonetheless. Whether or not the technology will be seen in history as a success in the market place is obviously still up in the air, and much like a finely crafted episode of Lost, 3D at CES this year was littered with more questions than answers.

i'm still rocking a decent LCD back from 2006,I'm really wanting to buy a new panasonic Plasma V10 3D that has some Nice improvement's like better Black levels that match the Kuro..

Hopefully,I'll enjoy my blu-ray's even more

IDK. I think 3D is going to bomb like it has in the past. It'll fade. People JUST got their HDTV and now they're telling them to get 3DTV? Yeah right.

Not to mention most TV channels aren't even HD yet. They're not going to have SD, HD, and 3D channels. on TV.

On a side note. The "This is It" BD is supposed to have the "Thriller" and "Earth Song" segments in 3D. How would one watch those now without a 3D TV? Is it still going to work on my HDTV, just not as well?

I think this cersion of 3D will last. It'll take a couple years to get mainstream but I don't think it will fail like in the past. 3D in the past sucked cause who wants to see it in tints of red and blue? At least this time its in clear color like it should be

I think this cersion of 3D will last. It'll take a couple years to get mainstream but I don't think it will fail like in the past. 3D in the past sucked cause who wants to see it in tints of red and blue? At least this time its in clear color like it should be

but even now it's not even 3D, it's just added depth. And it gives me a head ache.