A Monster Calls (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Jan 15, 2014
Taipei
Release date: June 24, July 13 July 22, 2022
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip
Price: $42.89 (Full Slip) - $38.89 (Quarter Slip)

A_07bb0e99-9e7d-49b7-adcf-04ada27fffce_2000x2000.jpgB_c3b14fd7-a9f7-40d5-8155-7d2aab568039_2000x2000.jpgee0782e1652b6e58d2cf5fc1a05e5ed1_2000x2000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I find plainarchives film selection peculiar. are they focused on art house? world cinema? korean? indie? then they randomly had terminator genesys.

the quality of the selection is inconsistent.

I cant criticize the flawless art they put out though

I find plainarchives film selection peculiar. are they focused on art house? world cinema? korean? indie? then they randomly had terminator genesys.

the quality of the selection is inconsistent.

I cant criticize the flawless art they put out though

I wouldn’t call their steel choices of films art house films. Just well received film that other companies or studios refuse or are too scared to give steels out for. Which is refreshing

bar Oldboy (Had a few steels) and genesys (That one was surprising and not their usual type they tackle)

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Right, how does one acquire Plain Archives titles. I personally don't have any and I'm keeping my eyes on the prize for this one. It it GB, website or know a friend to guarantee this beauty?

Are PA releases also a bloodbath to preorder? Glitchy website, small print run...etc? Because this is something I must own. And if needed I'll take the day off with pure caffeine infusion directly to my blood :smashed:
None that I've wanted have been difficult at all. I don't think there are usually GBs here, but the website hasn't been any problem for me. I don't know if we know a total number for this edition, but as nice as the steel is (and as much as I love the movie!), I can't imagine this is going to be difficult to get.

(Unless what you're saying is that you want an excuse to take the day off, in which case: go right ahead!) :)

Right, how does one acquire Plain Archives titles. I personally don't have any and I'm keeping my eyes on the prize for this one. It it GB, website or know a friend to guarantee this beauty?
Are PA releases also a bloodbath to preorder? Glitchy website, small print run...etc? Because this is something I must own. And if needed I'll take the day off with pure caffeine infusion directly to my blood :smashed:
Website is the way to go. Stable and reliable.

There was one that was annoying on the day but I can’t remember what one. Maybe train to busan. But it kept coming back in stock every 5 mins so it was still easy to get but took a few attempts. The rest have been fine and their site works fine

There was one that was annoying on the day but I can’t remember what one. Maybe train to busan. But it kept coming back in stock every 5 mins so it was still easy to get but took a few attempts. The rest have been fine and their site works fine
There were some hicups with Sicario (Steelbook editions), too. But eventually it ran smooth and I think everybody got what they wanted.

Reactions: Flloydo