A Monster Calls (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Jan 15, 2014
Taipei
Release date: June 24, July 13 July 22, 2022
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip
Price: $42.89 (Full Slip) - $38.89 (Quarter Slip)

A_07bb0e99-9e7d-49b7-adcf-04ada27fffce_2000x2000.jpgB_c3b14fd7-a9f7-40d5-8155-7d2aab568039_2000x2000.jpgee0782e1652b6e58d2cf5fc1a05e5ed1_2000x2000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Down was the wrong word. Most of the products are disabled/oos at the international shop. But much more editions are available at the Korean shop.
douzens of editions went oos and never went back to available. So the quantity was moved to the Korean shop, no?

Which editions can be bought right now?
Moonlit Winter & Two Days, One Night.
But even before the pandemic the majority of their shop was listed as out of stock for me. Because they sold out.
Their last big preorder was Parasite in December which I & many others were able to order through the site.

Moonlit Winter & Two Days, One Night.
But even before the pandemic the majority of their shop was listed as out of stock for me. Because they sold out.
Their last big preorder was Parasite in December which I & many others were able to order through the site.

Many other editions (> 40) were available (and still are at the Korean shop plainarchive.co.kr).

Many other editions (> 40) were available (and still are at the Korean shop plainarchive.co.kr).
Ok so going off that page, everything down as far as Slow West is still in stock. The likes of Ida, Still Alice, Rudderless etc. had been on the international store since release & could, potentially, have just sold out. Or the pandemic hit &, because these items weren’t selling internationally, PA just decided to move all stock to the Korean store.

I’m not sure what the issue is, Plain Archive have always been very clear that there’s a certain allotment for the international market & a certain allotment held back for the Korean only market. Which is completely fine. There’s plenty of companies that don’t ship internationally at all. Shout Factory, Criterion, hell even HMV don’t sell outside the UK. The only difference is that these were available for a while & now aren’t.

Reactions: MrSquifler

Ok so going off that page, everything down as far as Slow West is still in stock. The likes of Ida, Still Alice, Rudderless etc. had been on the international store since release & could, potentially, have just sold out. Or the pandemic hit &, because these items weren’t selling internationally, PA just decided to move all stock to the Korean store.

I’m not sure what the issue is, Plain Archive have always been very clear that there’s a certain allotment for the international market & a certain allotment held back for the Korean only market. Which is completely fine. There’s plenty of companies that don’t ship internationally at all. Shout Factory, Criterion, hell even HMV don’t sell outside the UK. The only difference is that these were available for a while & now aren’t.

The likelihood that more than 40 editions sold out at the same time, with the shop being temporarily closed, is very low. So I'm assuming the copies were simply moved to the Korean shop, even though PA said the international shop will reopen. But what sense does that make when almost everything can no longer be bought by international customers.

No issue, I'm just sad that I can no longer buy from PA after buying more than 100 editions in the last 7 years. And I'm still missing a few that are now apparently only available in the Korean market. That's all.

Reactions: WKRP and Punker76
Sure, so do almost every other company. Look at FAC, Cinemusuem and Manta/Collectong
But they’re still releasing things on a “somewhat” consistent schedule. Not only is PA incredibly inconsistent but whenever they do release something it’s a title that wasn’t even announced and/or completely out of left field.

They’ve also got an active Instagram account but they rarely, if at all, address these things. It’s frustrating, to say the least.

I can preorder the new release and have it shipped to the US.

And this is updated shipping chart

But they’re still releasing things on a “somewhat” consistent schedule. Not only is PA incredibly inconsistent but whenever they do release something it’s a title that wasn’t even announced and/or completely out of left field.

They’ve also got an active Instagram account but they rarely, if at all, address these things. It’s frustrating, to say the least.
IMO PA has never pumped out releases like the others. Most are very nice releases and take a good deal of time and they generally only work on 1 at a time. They are extremely small operation and do a huge amount of work on their releases included new commentaries and special features and such sometimes. It sucks we havent gotten any release from them lately but I assume we will see things getting more normal for them and other places as well

IMO PA has never pumped out releases like the others. Most are very nice releases and take a good deal of time and they generally only work on 1 at a time. They are extremely small operation and do a huge amount of work on their releases included new commentaries and special features and such sometimes. It sucks we havent gotten any release from them lately but I assume we will see things getting more normal for them and other places as well
I know that they’re a small operation, and I don’t mind that they’re not as prolific as other companies. But communication is key, and they’re atrocious at it. Just a post that says “Yeah, about World War Z? That’s cancelled.”

That’s all it takes. But they can’t be bothered to confirm/answer any of these questions on their social media.

Plain archive used to be amazing . I have a 100% collection up until oldboy and that's where things started slowing down and releases became far less. Its hard to know if they lost the passion/money related/weren't successful in getting licenses etc as their communication is so awful and it was like this pre-covid so it's not just covid to blame. Now it seems they only care about the local market and DVD :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mararagan
Just checked and a bunch of titles are now back in stock; Logan Lucky, Rudderless, I Tonya etc.

Haven’t checked shipping rates though, so I don’t know if they’ve been increased or how much by.

Just checked and a bunch of titles are now back in stock; Logan Lucky, Rudderless, I Tonya etc.

Haven’t checked shipping rates though, so I don’t know if they’ve been increased or how much by.

$5 extra to the U.K.

Gone from $12 to $17 for one edition (I checked with I, Tonya)

• Informative
Reactions: Punker76
Plain Archive's reply :

Hi Kimmo,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Plain Archive is releasing two Steelbooks this year as you know.

It will be the world’s first and exclusive.

Details to come once we’re ready for pre-order.

Until then, we’ll be working diligently to make this our best release yet.

Please stay tuned!

Best,

PLAIN ARCHIVE

It better f**king be this and little drummer girl.
I swear to god if either steels get scrapped .... I dunno what I’ll do, I’ll just swear to god
No way! I want The Florida Project ffs!!!