Aerosmith Replacing Steven Tyler

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Guitarist Joe Perry explains:

"We're already getting the word out there. The word's been out there for a while. We'll start having some auditions, making some phone calls. Hopefully, we'll have found a new singer by the summer, and Aerosmith will be able to go back out on the road.

From what I've heard, (Tyler) hasn't left the band. As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't left the band. He's never said he was going to leave the band. It's just that he wanted to go off and do some of his own things. He just never told anybody in the band about it. But his manager has told our manager that he wants to take some time off. And then lately he's been saying he wants to come back.

But he has to have leg surgery and foot surgery and it's basically going to take him out of the picture for about a year, year and a half. So, in the meantime, the rest of the band wants to play. We're gonna find somebody to get in there and fill that spot. Just like when (bassist) Tom (Hamilton) was sick - we got David Hull to come in and play bass. When (guitarist) Brad (Whitford) was sick, we got somebody else to come in and play for him. That's basically how I look at it; we need another singer to fill in."

yah, with a lead singer as iconic as tyler, getting a new singer changes the face of the band, making them not aerosmith anymore.

IMO you can replace drummers, guitarists, basists, or any other musical instrument player, but a band is centered around the lead vocalist. change the vocalist, change the band.

I think they can easily replace Steven Tyler with Carly Simon without anybody noticing.

carly-simon-totally-looks-like-steven-tyler.jpg

109425806-796446.jpg

0119_dyan_steven.jpg

:)

guhhhhh that was just creepy man :hilarious:

Yeah.. Aerosmith had plenty of run time - they should be done with it already

soooo tired of dude looks like a lady

[Rumor] Billy Idol To Replace Steven Tyler??

There are loud whisperings that Billy Idol (!) could be replacing Steven Tyler as the frontman for Aerosmith!!!!

Totally weird or totally brilliant?

Inside sources say Idol was set to meet with Aerosmith's Joe Perry last week, but came down with a bad cold before the big talk.

"Joe said he wanted to talk to Billy about joining Aerosmith, because the band were having problems with Steven. As far as I know Idol did not show up due to having a cold," claimed the insider.

[Rumor] Billy Idol To Replace Steven Tyler??

There are loud whisperings that Billy Idol (!) could be replacing Steven Tyler as the frontman for Aerosmith!!!!

Totally weird or totally brilliant?

Inside sources say Idol was set to meet with Aerosmith's Joe Perry last week, but came down with a bad cold before the big talk.

"Joe said he wanted to talk to Billy about joining Aerosmith, because the band were having problems with Steven. As far as I know Idol did not show up due to having a cold," claimed the insider.

I love Billy Idol!! :oohyeah:

Steven Tyler Threatens Legal Action If Replaced

While Steven Tyler recovers from his stint in rehab for his addiction to prescription medication, Aerosmith has continued talks to find a replacement for their lead singer.

However, talks of Lenny Kravitz or Billy Idol taking over have come to a hault. And soon, so will all the auditions for a replacement singer.

But Tyler is going to do everything to prevent being replaced.

So his attorney was written to the band's manager, Howard Kaufman, stating to "immediately cease and desist from engaging in acts and conduct to the harm and detriment of your own client, Aerosmith, and our client who is one of its members."

Talks of lawsuits are never fun.

Though his attorney claims Tyler doesn't want to take any legal action, instead he just wants to hold his place in the group.

Adding, "Steven Tyler does not want lawsuits. We do not want to go in that direction. The direction we want is Aerosmith, with Steven Tyler, touring in Europe, touring Latin America, releasing a new album… This is the direction it's all intended to go. It's just amazing to me current management would be taking any other position."

Steven Tyler Back With Aerosmith!

After reports surfaced that Aerosmith would be performing WITH Steven Tyler at the UK's Download Festival this summer, the band has officially announced that they're back together AND going on tour!

The Cocked, Locked, Ready To Rock tour in the UK and Europe will begin in Sweden at the Rock Festival on June 10 and carry on throughout the continent. The tour schedule is as follows:

Sweden — Rock Festival — June 10th
UK — Download Festival — June 13th
UK — London 02 Arena — June 15th
Romania — Bucharest — June 18th
Greece — Athens Olympic Stadium — June 20th
Holland — Nijmegen Goeffert Park — June 23rd
Belgium — Graspop Festival — June 25th
Spain — Barcelona St Jordi Arena — June 27th
France — Paris Bercy Arena — June 29th
Czech Republic — Prague 02 Arena — July 1st
Italy — Venice Festival — July 3rd