Alex Rodriguez suspended for doping

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
New York Times:

Rodriguez Suspended Through 2014 Season in Doping Inquiry; 12 Others Suspended for 50 Games

Alex Rodriguez was among 13 players suspended by Major League Baseball on Monday for violating the league’s antidoping protocols, the biggest single-day drug bust in the sport’s history.

Rodriguez, pending an appeal, will be barred for 211 games – through the 2014 season — by far the longest ban levied by the league for a doping violation. The league cited his “use and possession of numerous forms of prohibited, performance-enhancing substances” over many years.

Recovering from hip surgery and a quadriceps strain, Rodriguez had planned to make his 2013 return to the Yankees’ lineup Monday night in Chicago against the White Sox. Rodriguez is expected to announce shortly whether he plans to appeal. He would be eligible to play until his appeal is heard by an arbitrator.

Yes finally!!! They should make him pay back the millions he "stole" and the Yankees give the rest of his salary to the fans like the Brewers did with Braun's.

Reactions: Bluprint
Yes finally!!! They should make him pay back the millions he "stole" and the Yankees give the rest of his salary to the fans like the Brewers did with Braun's.

Yeah, ban him for life for induction in the Hall of Fame also.

Sent from the Daily Planet using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bluprint
I am a Yankees fan, born and raised, I never liked him and I don't like Girardi as a manager. Its just annoying how his circus has brought them into the mix

Should have been a life time ban if you ask me... athlete's like this are a disgrace to all sports if you ask me. He's been cheating his entire career pretty much.

I bet this a-hole comes back after the ban to make back some of that money he's losing now.... since that's all he give's a sh*t about. His true colours are showing with that appeal of his...

Reactions: ash333
He's coming back this year. I'm actually pulling for him to redeem himself a little bit and do good this year. I hope he can stay clean though.

He's coming back this year. I'm actually pulling for him to redeem himself a little bit and do good this year. I hope he can stay clean though.

He's definitely looking good this year. The batting ave will problemly stay around the same but the hrs and rbi are a terrific suprise.

I was having a conversation and I'm wondering if he's only 25-30 hrs away from bonds in 3 years if the Yankees will sign him since he's only got this year and the next 2 under contract.

He's definitely looking good this year. The batting ave will problemly stay around the same but the hrs and rbi are a terrific suprise.

I was having a conversation and I'm wondering if he's only 25-30 hrs away from bonds in 3 years if the Yankees will sign him since he's only got this year and the next 2 under contract.

I doubt he would want to sign with him. The Yankees wouldn't even let him have his apology press conference at Yankees Stadium and didn't tweet when he hit a home run during spring training when they where doing game updates if I remember correctly. If he still wants to play though I bet somebody would sign him however unjust his records may be. Not like Bonds is any better though.

I doubt he would want to sign with him. The Yankees wouldn't even let him have his apology press conference at Yankees Stadium and didn't tweet when he hit a home run during spring training when they where doing game updates if I remember correctly. If he still wants to play though I bet somebody would sign him however unjust his records may be. Not like Bonds is any better though.

while I agree, hes done a great job this year at trying not to be the old Arod. And there are still almost 3 seasons left so I could see them signing him to another year, 1 year, depending on who these next years go. After its all said and done its still marketing for whatever team

We live in this forgive era were if hes producing people will still pull for him