Amazon.co.uk

Aug 16, 2012
Midlands UK
Hello,

Ive recently stopped collecting steelbooks and im trying to get slipcover versions of amarays where i can. Is there an issue with amazon.co.uk not always having slips for releases that do elsewhere? I remember reading about Wreck It Ralph 3d not having a slip at Amazon but does everywhere else and today i received Monsters Inc 2d which shows a slip on the page but didnt have one.

If its the case that its hit and miss ill use just Sainsburys for my blu rays but why wouldnt Amazon have slips?!

Reactions: PunkNinja
I think they usually have the slip if it's not an exclusive.
When it comes to Monsters Inc that's as far as I know an older release and slipcovers are only first printings so you should expect to not get a slipcover when you order an older title even if the mock-up shows a slipcover. Ebay, looking through the trade threads here and going to different stores in you area is your best bet for getting the old slipcovers.

Reactions: Maccadinho25
Thanks for the reply :) after looking around i thought it may be because slips are only in the initial pressing but i saw posts on here that Wreck It Ralph 3D didnt come with the slip and neither did Arbitrage whereas they did everywhere else.

Ill probably stick to Sainsburys just as a safe bet for my preorders :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply :) after looking around i thought it may be because slips are only in the initial pressing but i saw posts on here that Wreck It Ralph 3D didnt come with the slip and neither did Arbitrage whereas they did everywhere else.

Ill probably stick to Sainsburys just as a safe bet for my preorders :thumbs:

Slips are usually just for the original pressing. The majority of the time if its a new release you should get the slipcover from Amazon. I have had the odd one myself that didn't come with the slip for whatever reason though. You are probably better to get them in store if possible to guarantee the slip though.

Hello,

Ive recently stopped collecting steelbooks and im trying to get slipcover versions of amarays where i can. Is there an issue with amazon.co.uk not always having slips for releases that do elsewhere? I remember reading about Wreck It Ralph 3d not having a slip at Amazon but does everywhere else and today i received Monsters Inc 2d which shows a slip on the page but didnt have one.

If its the case that its hit and miss ill use just Sainsburys for my blu rays but why wouldnt Amazon have slips?!

You can contact the third-party sellers at amazon and ask them if the ones they're selling have slips. Good luck on your slip hunt.

Reactions: Bluprint