Amazon.de new shipping rates to drops (Aug 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmup

Premium Supporter
Jun 22, 2012
I didn't see this posted elsewhere, so I apologize if this was already brought up. Amazon.de has dropped their shipping charges significantly to the U.S. to EUR 3.00 per shipment (was 14 EUR flat before). Additional costs per kg add another EUR 3.00(on a pro-rata basis) for orders that exceed a 1 kg. Pretty cheap to order from them now and not have to do a big order just to reduce shipping costs.

Shipping to the UK has dropped as well(thanks sunnyx)

Link to rates below-digitalbabe-HDN Staff.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_504938_lie_inl/?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200170100

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, I had to cancel my orders because somehow a few of them were 'combined' previously, and 'editing' the shipping method didn't work anymore. Either way, all of the prices on the items(sold directly from Amazon),remained the same, all the way to the last ship page, before I was to 'submit'. Odd....

and I just had an order from them ship today. I think I'll put in an email to customer service to see if I can get an adjustment.

Last edited:
Odd, VAT was removed and shipping lowered when I placed new orders. I did not try changing shipping on previous orders.

Rose-I cancelled my orders and on the final screen when I was about to submit, VAT was not removed(I looked at the prices and they stayed the same). After I submitted,I went back into the order details, and the prices did seem lowered, although the 'Total' at the bottom still reflected the old total (without VAT) removed. I sent them an e-mail to ask. And I also asked them if the actual packaging they had implemented would change with the lower cost, mentioning that some collectors were concerned. Lets see what they say....

Reactions: roseart and tono06
Weird, I had to cancel my orders because somehow a few of them were 'combined' previously, and 'editing' the shipping method didn't work anymore. Either way, all of the prices on the items(sold directly from Amazon),remained the same, all the way to the last ship page, before I was to 'submit'. Odd....

On one order, it would not give me the option of changing the shipping, so I instead "updated" the shipping address by selecting the same address and then the new shipping rates kicked in. So pretty much updating anything seems to kick-in the new rates (although editing shipping is probably still the easiest)

Reactions: digitalbabe
I don't want to over-blow this change, but this is like, life changing. Amazon.de will definitely win a lot of international customers with this.

That's great news!! That cheaper shipping will mean I'll definatly use them more

Indeed great news re Amazon.de shipping charges... :scat:

Postage to the UK has also dropped
3,25 EUR per delivery + 0,50 EUR per kg

I'm guessing, one packet <1kg to shipped to the UK costs only 3,75 Euros, 2kg (6 steels) is 4,25 Euros

My hobby has just got cheaper :oohyeah:

This is great news. I hope Amazon.fr does the same. Usually I can find a few things to order from Amazon.de but with Amazon.fr it's usually one or two due to the low volume of titles they release. I just hope that they don't go for cheaper packaging aswell.

Maybe Amazon DE are going to downgrade thier packaging and follow their friends from Amazon CA in believing that the shrink wrap on its own is enough protection for a steelbook during transit.

About time! Was fed up of having to order multiple items from them just to make the shipping costs worth it. It also means I can finally start pre-ordering stuff from them too. :D

Maybe someone relised @Amazon.de that their warehouse was full of orders awaiting shipment with pre-orders because of savings on shipping costs :D

Reactions: bd251
Status
Not open for further replies.