American Psycho (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: 26th of October, 2015
Purchase link: American Psycho (Live Sat Oct 17, 18:00 UK time)
Price: £15.99
Ultra-limited print run

11037429-2084332714397968.JPG

11037429-2084332714406305.JPG 11037429-1004332714411747.JPG 11037429-2704332714417192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ SO true mate. I really hope zavvi dont mess these up... especially American Psycho & The Crow because the UK bluray transfers arent the best at all... .The crow isnt even full 1080p! :ohno: (apparently its 1080i).

Zavvi & the Studio really need to work hard on making these quality steelbooks, with good artwork choices and premium gloss & embossing treatment ...especially with the always present potential for an under-cuting "me too" asian release, now that zavvi have done all the hard work and got these new releases finally green-lit :)

Last edited:
Awesome. This is another title that hasn't been released on Blu-ray in the UK yet, it's great to see exclusive titles for Steelbooks rather than the repackaging of old discs. I know EiV don't have a great reputation when it comes to discs but from a Steelbook perspectively, they have some fantastic titles in their catalogue. Hopefully they will release Dredd and then people can stop banging on about that one. :p

Awesome. This is another title that hasn't been released on Blu-ray in the UK yet, it's great to see exclusive titles for Steelbooks rather than the repackaging of old discs. I know EiV don't have a great reputation when it comes to discs but from a Steelbook perspectively, they have some fantastic titles in their catalogue. Hopefully they will release Dredd and then people can stop banging on about that one. :p

:wow:
Did someone confirm a Dredd steelbook? ;):LOL:

^^^ SO true mate. I really hope zavvi dont mess these up... especially American Psycho & The Crow because the UK bluray transfers arent the best at all... .The crow isnt even full 1080p! :ohno: (apparently its 1080i).

Zavvi & the Studio really need to work hard on making these quality steelbooks, with good artwork choices and premium gloss & embossing treatment ...especially with the always present potential for an under-cuting "me too" asian release, now that zavvi have done all the hard work and got these new releases finally green-lit :)
100% agree, Zavvi really need to persuade the studio to remaster them for release especially The Crow which I have on UK amaray and it's not really any better than the dvd which was **** to start with. I still watch my laserdisc over both of them.

One of my favourite movies hope it has a nice artwork to do justice to the strelbook I hope zavvi dont mess it up...

Ah, I meant BR in the UK :)

Edit: Perhaps these will be released by Warner instead? I read Warner is the parent company of Entertainment Film/New Line.

Entertainment Film doesn't fall under WB sadly. It's an separate English studio that has / had the rights to this film. American Pyscho wasn't produced by New Line Cinema (which is part of WB) originally and the rights are spread across quite a few studios around the world so it wouldn't revert back to WB. Around the world, American Psycho is released by Sony in Austrailia and select parts of Europe, Concorde in Germany and Lionsgate in the US.

For anyone wanting this steelbook, hope that they use the Sony master as it features improved video quality and lossless audio (I got one of those cheap South African BD's and it was well worth the upgrade over my US BD)

More fantastic Zavvi/EIV steelbook news!
A classic film and a must have!
Dredd, Dredd, Dredd next please! ;)

Reactions: T800kaz
I would love it if the artwork was the card. But like a card, all white. Or since it's a Sony flick, the Walkman Bates used.

Reactions: lolwut