Apple iPad - Releasing soon - $499

Apr 2, 2009
Apple has released it's official announcement introducing the world to the iPad.

multi_touch_20100127.png

High-resolution, 9.7 inch LED-backlit, IPS display with a wide, 178° viewing angle.
The screen is 9.7 inches, measured diagonally.
1.5 lbs and 0.5 inches thin.

wireless_20100127.jpg

Built-in 802.11n wireless.
Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR (hich lets you connect to devices like wireless headphones or the Apple Wireless Keyboard.)
3G (iPad will also be available in a 3G model, with super-fast data speeds up to 7.2 Mbps.) (3G Data plan sold separately)

3 Stores: iTunes, App, and now a book store.
Able to sync apps you've bought for iPhone/touch onto iPad and play immediately.

performance_20100127.jpg

10-hour battery life
A choice of 16, 32 or 64GB flash storage

Standard iPod/iPhone/touch 30-pin dock connector. (Allows you to dock and charge it. It also lets you connect to iPad accessories like the Camera Connection Kit or the Keyboard Dock.)

Built-in speaker unit.
Standard headphone jack
Built-in microphone.

connect_20100127.jpg

$499

Accessories

(L to R)
Keyboard, iPad Stand, Apple iPad cover.

accessories_20100127.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a MAcbook Pro and an Iphone and they rock but this thing is just a big Iphone, its pointless.

Nah, it will be much more convenient when I'm driving thru town trying to take down terrorists and Chloe has to send me my background info ASAP while I'm trying to tail several cars at once.

MadTV already took this one on a few years ago.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTzhXMbOWHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTzhXMbOWHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

So why are you knocking it so much, they're are plenty of people who DON'T have both items and want one.

Why you defending it so much? :p For people who don't have both, and aren't rich $$$ it would not be a smart choice to buy it.

Hell if you're someone who has plenty of money to throw around and buying it won't hurt you, go for it!

Why you defending it so much? :p For people who don't have both, and aren't rich $$$ it would not be a smart choice to buy it.

Hell if you're someone who has plenty of money to throw around and buying it won't hurt you, go for it!

Why are you knocking it so much??? :( Like it you like apply you're an idiot or somethin?? Geesh!

Finally got to play around with the new iPad @ my local Best Buy. It's pretty amazing but the downsize are the Flash, Multi-Touch and the internet speeds are very slow. Try it before you buy. I recommend buying a 32GB version over the wireless AT&T version.

Finally got to play around with the new iPad @ my local Best Buy. It's pretty amazing but the downsize are the Flash, Multi-Touch and the internet speeds are very slow. Try it before you buy. I recommend buying a 32GB version over the wireless AT&T version.

i noticed nothing slow about the multitouch or internet speeds, maybe your best buy sucks?