Apple Vision Pro

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

I'm not sure yet how I feel about this, tbph it looks like your about to go for a swim with a new pair of swimming goggles. :LOL:
Also starting at $3500... OUCH! That's a lot of money but then Apple has never been one for being cheap so that's to be expected.

Tell us down below, what are your thoughts of the new Apple Vision Pro?

i mean its really cool.. but no one will want to wear them long enough for them to actually be useful.. it was too cumbersome for ppl to wear 3d goggles to watch a movie for 2 hours

also youre chained to apples eco system then and idk if streaming 4k movies is good enough bitrate

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I feel like this product is doomed to be a dead end. This is not even mentioning the fact of how dystopian the whole idea of seeing the world through cameras and a display instead of your own eyes is.
I can't imagine any iteration of this product that will be something I want to buy or that will make my life better. Forget the price, just in general. I'm personally not a gamer, but I bought red dead redeption 2 back when it came out because it sounded cool, and after 2 hours I felt so bad for having spent 2 hours in a virtual world. I realize that that's laughable to gamers, but still. I can't even imagine how I would feel like after 4 hours in those glasses.

Even if they make them smaller and the size of actual glasses, it's still not changing the fact you're alone in there and they will need to fundamentally isolate you from your real surroundings (like light shields etc). People don't see your real eyes through the front display, but some creepy and weird looking cgi version.

If you're not prone to be addicted to technology, all of apples products are just awesome for life imo. I don't use my phone that much so for me it's just a great mix of telephone, notepad, internet device, navigator and music player. The macbook, iphone, ipad, apple watch, airpods etc. are all great products. I can't see how vision pro will make my life better in any way, but quite the opposite. From everything I've heard it will make your life actually worse, more lonely and depressing. But that's just my take. From the beginning I hated the idea when they presented it for the first time and I'm not a VR/AR person anyway, so I'm probably not the target audience for this product.

Maybe some people want to buy it, but again, especially in todays age, using this product will disconnect you even more from your surroundings. And those kids scrolling through tiktok all day will essentially be lost in a future and more immersive version of this. Maybe that's what some people want, but in that case you have other problems that you should deal with instead of wearing a television on your face. And that also opposes the original philosophies of Apple that even Tim Cook mentioned a while back, where he said he wanted people to spend LESS time on their phones but interact more with the real world, thus introducting screen time on the devices. So this product is really odd for them to do.

I don't see people using this stuff, we seen it many times before they come up with some device for people to use.
Then they spend millions of dollars promoting it and it won't sell and eventually the paid hype surrounding it dies out.

Just give me a TV and a Bluray player and I'm good!

@Lone Crusader I changed my mind! :shipped:
RampCapitalLLC - 1752797392326299845.gif

• Haha
Typical 1st gen hardware release (clunky and expensive).
As they slim the device down and cheapen product costs (and approximate an affordable price for the average consumer) I can definitely see this becoming mainstream in several years.
Whether you like it or not, post-iPhone release Apple has rarely missed.

Universities and tech companies will grab these first. Probably won’t see a public-viable option for years yet.

Of course, in the intervening time, it could just die out. Apple has a long way to go to make this a success. Not exactly an iPhone, is it…

This really looks like it would be hazardous to use out in public, the guy stops in the middle of some stairs to type on the virtual keyboard...are you kidding me. This would seriously mess with my vertigo and if I was that guy this would happen to me if I was typing while standing on some stairs.
Falls Down Dean Winters GIF by Mayhem

I can think of a half dozen situations where wearing this in public would be hazardous to my wellbeing. Let's see how long it takes for Apple to get sued over this product.
For the price this thing is going for I'd rather spend it on something like a Mac Studio Ultra or a Macbook Pro but I really don't go anywhere anymore so even a laptop wouldn't be my thing.

I wanna see a video where some guys kid brother mistakes them for swimming goggles and jumps in the pool with them. :banghead: :coffee: :rofl::rofl:

I would get it if they gave a 90% discount
:rofl:

I actually had the AirPods Pro (2nd Gen) and the Sony WF-1000XM5 earbuds to test at the same time and the Sony's just blew them out of the water on every front. With the AirPods Pro there was just a very slight almost unperceivable lag when watching a movie and my Sony's none whatsoever. Comfort, Bass, Treble, mids all sound better with the Sony's. Also when I insert my Sony's they automatically connect to either my iPhone or iPad Pro which is the same for the AirPods but my Sony's are just so much better and they can connect to multiple sources simultaneously. Like I'll be watching a movie or video on my iPad Pro and if I get a call on my iPhone I can automatically switch over with just a touch on the right earbud.

As for the VP's, still being a very expensive toy but as far as wearing them in public I can see them being more natural wearing them on an airplane than any other place. Did he say if the movie experience is 120Hz or not, I don't remember?

Reactions: Billy Talent
:rofl:

I actually had the AirPods Pro (2nd Gen) and the Sony WF-1000XM5 earbuds to test at the same time and the Sony's just blew them out of the water on every front. With the AirPods Pro there was just a very slight almost unperceivable lag when watching a movie and my Sony's none whatsoever. Comfort, Bass, Treble, mids all sound better with the Sony's. Also when I insert my Sony's they automatically connect to either my iPhone or iPad Pro which is the same for the AirPods but my Sony's are just so much better and they can connect to multiple sources simultaneously. Like I'll be watching a movie or video on my iPad Pro and if I get a call on my iPhone I can automatically switch over with just a touch on the right earbud.

As for the VP's, still being a very expensive toy but as far as wearing them in public I can see them being more natural wearing them on an airplane than any other place. Did he say if the movie experience is 120Hz or not, I don't remember?
90 hertz, he doesnt say it but I read that on reddit.
They should focus on creating a stronger battery, they come up with so many devices and almost always the battery wont last long.
The battery last for approximately 2.5 hours ....so you're gonna be recharging this constantly or have it plugged it while watching a movie.

The whole Disney Theater is really cool, and he praised the whole 3D experience with the Vision Pro, no dizzyness, amazing quality and immersiveness.... as it should be for $3500 !

Last edited: