Upcoming Arrested Development (Season 5) [Netflix]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per 'Hacking Netflix':

Netflix & Fox have signed an agreement to bring back the long-cancelled but much-loved series Arrested Development starting in 2013.
"Netflix's bold entrance into original programming presents an exciting new opportunity for our two companies" commented Peter Levinsohn, Fox Filmed Entertainment's President of New Media & Digital Distribution. "Bringing a classic show back to production on new episodes exclusively for Netflix customers is a game changer, and illustrates the incredible potential the new digital landscape affords great content providers like Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine."

Attachments

• Arrested Development.jpg
    Arrested Development.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome that Arrested Development is returning, major bummer thats going to be a Netflix exclusive. I've finally adjusted to life without Netflix and they go and pull this. D'OH...

Hope it manages to be a good as last time...

Returning cancelled shows have had a bad track record IMO, though.

SOURCE: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...pisodes-will-be-act-one-of-the-movie-20120904

The return of "Arrested Development" is a real thing that's actually happening and sounding awesomer than ever, adding John Slattery, with a possible 13 episodes instead of the originally announced 10, all set to drop at the same time next spring on Netflix. Or are they? There are still a million unanswered questions about the show, and while details continue to be kept close to the chest, Mitch Hurwitz gave a few more morsels about where the show is going next. And yes, a movie is possibly still on the table, but don't necessarily expect every new episode at the same time.

"The episodes are an outgrowth of the design of what we hope will be the movie. They precede it. They function as an act one of a movie that we all want to do, but haven't 'sold' yet," Hurwitz told Vulture. "The episodes take the audience through the experiences of the characters since the family 'fell apart' and how they're brought together to deal with their new problems. I would give you a hint as to what those problems are, but, really, why rob the fans of being disappointed when they see it on Netflix."

It would seem that the success of the new episodes will determine the future of any movie, but let's not put the cart in front of the horse for the moment. In fact, just the basic details about the release are still being determined, and if you dreamed about putting on those stretchy pants, opening some root beer and gorging yourself on the new episodes, you might just want to hold for a moment.

"I actually think the strategy for release is up in the air. I know Netflix at one point was talking about streaming them all at once, because that's how they've done it with other shows, and it's their choice. I know it'll be in the spring of 2013, or what the Mayans would call the spring of '1.' But I just love the opportunity we have to be creative with every part of this, from the concept to the delivery," Hurwitz said. "We're trying to embrace both the obstacles, like lack of cast at our disposal, and the advantages — storytelling freedom, lack of commercials — and it's just great to be part of something that will hopefully become another option for original scripted material."

As for the new series itself, Hurwitz describes it as "an anthology version of the show with each episode focusing on a particular character and where they've been since the family fell apart six years ago." He adds, "Each episode is about a character — but we'll see them in each other's shows."

So there's your latest on "Arrested Development," and needless to say, we can't wait for this to come back.

Henry Winkler & Scott Baio Return For ‘Arrested Development’ Season 4 – Is Liza Minnelli Next?
(SOURCE: ScreenRant)

arrested-development-season-4-henry-winkler-scott-baio.jpg

Production of Arrested Development season 4 is now in full swing, and returning guest star announcements keep coming in. Not only has Judy Greer revealed that she’ll be returning as the crazed secretary Kitty Sanchez, but now it has been confirmed that Henry Winkler and Scott Baio will both be returning to the series as well. Does this mean that news of Liza Minnelli returning is just be around the corner?

News of Winkler and Baio’s return was announced via Winkler’s Twitter, where the Bluth’s former attorney, Barry Zuckerkorn (Winkler), posted a photo (above) of himself with the Bluth’s current attorney, Bob Loblaw (Baio). With the caption “Oh my goodness … What a Development!!!!!!!,” the appearance of both legal minds – even if one is lovably moronic – certainly adds a new element for fans to speculate about.

Winkler then supplemented his photo reveal with a hint about the scene he’ll be filming: “I am supposed to be memorizing an Arrested Developmentscene with Maybe for today… Don’t tell anyone I was here OK?????” We’ll have to wait until its 2013 premiere on Netflix to see whether Winkler was simply referring to his many Twitter fans in his message, or referencing the fact that the other Bluth’s don’t know that he’s meeting with Maybe (Alia Shawkat).

Though we have a good idea about what the Arrested Development movie plot will be, not much is known about the types of stories we can expect to see in Arrested Development season 4. If the appearance of dual attorney’s is any sign, it appears that the Bluth’s are still engaged in some type of legal battle.

The further Arrested Development season 4 gets into production, the more exciting Netflix’s (and Fox TV’s) television experiment is to watch unfold. After six years off the air, the amount of talent the series is able to bring back is completely astounding. Proving just how much everyone enjoyed working on the short-lived, now cult, series, there’s only one person we’ve yet to hear from: Liza Minnelli. But could her reveal just be around the corner?
arrested-development-season-4-liza-minnelli.jpg

As any Arrested Development fan will tell you, Minnelli’s role as Lucille Austero was as memorable as any of the series’ core characters. Seducing the single-handed, mother-loving, Buster Bluth (Tony Hale), it would be hard to imagine having a season 4 with Minnelli. This is a sentiment that Hale shares.

And with guest star reveals slowly coming in as they occur, there’s more than enough time for Minnelli’s return to be announced. Essentially having an open schedule until the end September (where she’ll be performing in South America), Minnelli has more than enough time to make it on the set for filming, if she hasn’t yet. Since most, if not all, of Minnelli scenes would take place on the closed set, producers may be keeping Minnelli’s involvement a secret, hoping to surprise fans later on.

Because as we all know, if Minnelli isn’t involved in Arrested Development season 4, the only place Buster can turn to for romance is the Bluth’s family Roomba – again.

Love this show. We got it so late in the UK, so glad I watched it though. Got hooked from the very first episode. Have watched all the episodes over and over, keeps getting funnier.

This is my favourite US Comdey Show ever!

I actually bought the first two Seasons in DVD and they had a nice slipcase and box...anybody know if the third season came in a nice box?

WOW! I didn't even realize they had started filming yet! Crazy!

Netflix dropped a surprise Arrested Development season 4 remix over the weekend, but that’s not the last we’ll see of the Bluths this month. The official Arrested Development season 5 trailer is here, and it reveals a May 29, 2018 premiere date.