DigiPack Baraka: A World Beyond Words (Blu-ray DigiPack) [USA]

Nov 30, 2014
Release date: October 28, 2008
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $24.19

88C1814B-D05D-42F2-82F1-23F5B11C6EF9.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
excellent, one of my favourite films of all time. :drool: but the amazon click-through suggests this is just a bluray, rather than a 4K or 8K, despite the banner.

when it was remastered in 1992, i think?, the 70mm print was remastered at 8k then for future proofing. almost no-one anywhere had 8K, but they still did it. the most recent (UK) release of the remastered version (has a whole feature in the remaster and) is the first disc i use when testing new tvs! the resolution and clarity of close up and widescreen shots is genuinely astonishing, a real reference copy. and that's just a blu-ray. if this is the same print as that, i thoroughly recommend you buy this instantly. :thumbs:

if anyone is aware of a 4K version, please let me know! :wow:

Reactions: toratora and bojee
excellent, one of my favourite films of all time. :drool: but the amazon click-through suggests this is just a bluray, rather than a 4K or 8K, despite the banner.

when it was remastered in 1992, i think?, the 70mm print was remastered at 8k then for future proofing. almost no-one anywhere had 8K, but they still did it. the most recent (UK) release of the remastered version (has a whole feature in the remaster and) is the first disc i use when testing new tvs! the resolution and clarity of close up and widescreen shots is genuinely astonishing, a real reference copy. and that's just a blu-ray. if this is the same print as that, i thoroughly recommend you buy this instantly. :thumbs:

if anyone is aware of a 4K version, please let me know! :wow:

Don't think there's any 4K release for this yet

This is for all content and purpose is a standard bluray disc

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart