Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Baroque Portfolios
Protect, Store, & Transport Your Collection
Link: Baroque Portfolios
Portfolio (18x24) - $89.99
Portfolio (24x36) - $139.99
Portfolio (27x41) - $199.99
Portfolio Sleeves (18x24) - Archival & Acid-Free Portfolio Sleeve Refill - $14.99 for 5
Portfolio Sleeves (24x36) - Archival & Acid-Free Portfolio Sleeve Refill - $19.99 for 5
Portfolio Sleeves (27x41) - Acid-Free Portfolio Sleeve Refill - $74.97 for 15
Deluxe Leather Poster Weights - $29.99
Universal Tube Carry Strap - $7.99
Print Capsule's (5'') - $39.99

One of our main goals heading into 2018 was to continue to support the amazing art community that’s grown alongside and supported us. All of us here at Bottleneck are, first and foremost, collectors, and we’re always trying to find out what needs art collectors have, and how we could most affordably fulfill those needs with quality goods and services.

With that said, we’re incredibly proud to offer our newest product line, Baroque Portfolios!

6.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna be pre-ordering one of these very soon as I can't find anything that matches it :wow: :D
What's your recommended time frame on flattening them out Mate?

depends how long they have been rolled. Like if you get a poster from a gallery mailed and you take it out of the tube the day you get it, within a few hours it will almost be ok for a portfolio, within a day it would pretty much be OK

if it's been rolled for a few weeks/months then you may need a good week or two to get it flat enough

if longer then untube it, and unroll it from the fraft paper but let it sit rolled for a day or so to let the paper breath, then after a day or three then start flattening it, it may take a few weeks to flatten

also by flatten i mean mostly flat, once it's been rolled you may always see a bit of curvature at the ends but basically you are looking for it to mostly lay flat without rolling up. like you may see the ends flare up a bit, at that point you should be OK to store in the portfolio.

once it it in the portfolio the weight of the other posters will also help flatten

No longer shipping internationally.
I have an order pending with them that said it would ship in September but no movement on it. Hopefully they'll be able to honor it.

@Strangerbyday were they shipping internationally before, I was not aware they ever were. I would say reach out to them and confirm.

If not I thought at Vice Press they were selling some too but also in an extreme scenario if you wanted to use my address to ship to, but I have no clue how expensive it would then be to ship over to you, I could imagine it being quite a bit

Reactions: Strangerbyday
@Strangerbyday were they shipping internationally before, I was not aware they ever were. I would say reach out to them and confirm.

If not I thought at Vice Press they were selling some too but also in an extreme scenario if you wanted to use my address to ship to, but I have no clue how expensive it would then be to ship over to you, I could imagine it being quite a bit
Yeah previously they were shipping internationally, there was a section in the FAQ on their site that mentioned international orders & there was a full list of countries in the drop down when checking out.

I emailed them earlier & they confirmed I’ll still receive mine but international orders ship a few weeks after domestic so probably won’t ship till the end of October. They also confirmed they’ve stopped international orders for now, presumably due to the changes in VAT & tax for EU countries.

• Informative
Reactions: Robles
Yeah previously they were shipping internationally, there was a section in the FAQ on their site that mentioned international orders & there was a full list of countries in the drop down when checking out.

I emailed them earlier & they confirmed I’ll still receive mine but international orders ship a few weeks after domestic so probably won’t ship till the end of October. They also confirmed they’ve stopped international orders for now, presumably due to the changes in VAT & tax for EU countries.
Oh, bloody shame.
Really wanted to be picking one of these up soon and last I checked they were still shipping over to the UK, **** that they are no longer :wow: Worst thing is that I cant seem to find anything else of this size :cautious: Gonna have to hope that they start to ship back over here soon.

Finally managed to pick one up :thumbs: Well chuffed that I got one :LOL:

So now I've just got to flatten them all out so I can put them in :wow:

Reactions: spass and raspor
glad you got one. I'll say if posters have been sitting for a while in tubes then take time flattening them and they most likely will never be truly flat. If some posters have been in tubes for a while then I would take them out and let them breath a bit, then you want to have those posters laid flat for a good two weeks before putting in the portfolio

i'm close to needing to order a third portfolio

• Informative
glad you got one. I'll say if posters have been sitting for a while in tubes then take time flattening them and they most likely will never be truly flat. If some posters have been in tubes for a while then I would take them out and let them breath a bit, then you want to have those posters laid flat for a good two weeks before putting in the portfolio

i'm close to needing to order a third portfolio
Thanks for the info mate.

When it comes to the posters is it ok to put posters on top of others when laying them flat or is it best to have them laid out on their own?

Have a couple laid out at the moment but would be handy if I could lay a couple more on top as don't really have the space the lay many more out, especially if your recommendation is to have them out for a couple of weeks.

I mean for a few weeks I personally believe it is OK, I do it though I do make sure there is tissue paper between the posters. I am sure others would say don't but for a week or two unless you get extreme weather I personally think it will be OK.

One thing I do for flattening is to get two acid free foam boards, usually you can get these at art supply stores, and sandwich the poster between the boards

• Thanks
I mean for a few weeks I personally believe it is OK, I do it though I do make sure there is tissue paper between the posters. I am sure others would say don't but for a week or two unless you get extreme weather I personally think it will be OK.

One thing I do for flattening is to get two acid free foam boards, usually you can get these at art supply stores, and sandwich the poster between the boards
Oh great, there's an art supply shop just around the corner from me so ill pop in there tomorrow and pick a few bits up.

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Reactions: mllNY
Baroque's newest artist edition portfolio collaboration is with Matt Ferguson! Matt's unicorn is embossed on the front cover and his signature on the rear. Each 24 x 36 inch portfolio comes with 40 refill pages, and is ready to store up to 80 prints out of the box.

The preorder will be available through Monday, March 20th @ 11:59PM ET, after that this will not be produced again, so don't miss out. Portfolios will ship in Q2.

For customers in the UK & EU, please be sure to checkout with the item listed as UK & EU Orders.

1.jpg2.jpg

I ended up getting the regular edition - ordered back in Dec 2022 and just got it a few weeks ago.

With my old one, always thought the 24x36 felt too tight, so this time I opted to go with 27x41

Reactions: tridon
Throughout the past few years Baroque has collaborated with some of their favorite artists on customized portfolios that combine their unique aesthetic with our archival portfolio creation. Today we're honored to announce their newest artist portfolio collaboration with the legendary Shepard Fairey and OBEY!

Since its inception in 1989, Shepard's OBEY campaign has been a subversive street art juggernaut gaining momentum, power, and further meaning as the movement has evolved. Using brilliantly bold imagery, such as the OBEY Icon Face logo and slogan, Shepard has grown into a worldwide giant in both the art and activism realms.

Baroque worked alongside Shepard and the OBEY team to create a 100% archival portfolio that incorporates OBEY's distinct design sense and Shepard's ubiquitous art totems. Their portfolios offer collectors a safe and stylish way to store prints and paper originals, and we use the highest quality materials available.

As collectors ourselves, we're thrilled to see Baroque team up with Shepard and OBEY, and we're excited to think about all of the art that will be filling these portfolios!

Each portfolio is designed to hold prints up to 18 x 24 inches and comes with 40 refill sleeves, enough storage for up to 80 prints! The front cover is screen printed and embossed with the classic OBEY Giant logo and the rear is embossed with the iconic OBEY wording. A contrasting red trim accents and completes the design.

Portfolios are available for preorder by clicking here.

This first batch of preorders will ship in September. In order to guarantee being part of this first batch, your order must be received by 5/31!
Obey_Front_1024x1024.jpg

Obey_Back_NEW_1024x1024.png

Obey_Open_1024x1024.jpg

1692316388460.png
1692316423433.png

also just launched the newest product in their lineup, the Deluxe HD Leather Poster Weights (V2). These new weights are HEAVY, weighing in at ~2.2lbs each (1kg)! Designed for flattening prints, these new heavier weights can take on the challenge of that stubborn print that has been in a tube for months or printed on a heavy weight stock. These weights come in a set of four and are available for preorder now! These will ship in their next batch, which is scheduled for October. They are also are making these available to their UK & EU customer base!
1692316461959.png

And lastly, Baroque has received lots of emails over the years from QUAD poster collectors.They've always wanted to tackle that market, and we'd like to announce that they are finally working on a prototype! Due to the sheer size of the portfolio, they are taking their time to make sure that it's perfect. Stay tuned, they'll send an update email once it's ready for launch!

Over the years Baroque has been blessed to have the support of so many collectors like you and Baroque wanted to do something to say thank you...introducing their Rewards Program!

The concept is simple...create an account on the Baroque Portfolios website and start earning 5 points for every $1 spent! Redeem those rewards for $ off coupons. It's that easy. Access your rewards at anytime by clicking on the floating button on the bottom left hand of the homepage (seen above). For more information on the program, click here.

They're even taking it one step further! They will be retroactively adding points to each and every customer who has been with them since day one, at a rate of 2.5 points per $1 spent over the years. In order to redeem the points for coupons, you just have to sign up to the rewards program and they will be there waiting for you!

Baroque Rewards also has a referral component. You'll be assigned a unique referral link when you sign up worth $10 off. For every person that you successfully refer with your link, you'll also earn a $10 off coupon! It's that easy!

Our good friends at Baroque are proud to announce their newest collaboration in their Artist Series with the legendary EMEK!

If you’ve spent any amount of time collecting cherished gig posters from some of your favorite bands, you’ve no doubt come across an Emek. For 30+ years, Emek has stood at the forefront of both gig poster creation and experimental screen printing. Emek’s art is bold, subversive, playful, and often synergizes the band’s aesthetics with his own unique sensibilities and world views.

Baroque worked alongside Emek to create a 100% archival portfolio that features Emek’s art and general aesthetic incorporated into our portfolio creation process. Their portfolios offer collectors a safe and stylish way to store prints and paper originals, and they use the highest quality materials available.

In addition to Emek’s portfolio, they're releasing an exclusive signed and hand-numbered embossed print "Surfing Skeleton" based off of the art used on the portfolio itself!

Plus, if you purchase the portfolio & embossed print combo, you'll save $25!

This timed edition release is available NOW through Tuesday, February 13th @ 11:59PM ET by clicking on the button below!
1707359609629.jpeg
1707359632201.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Billy Talent
The time has finally arrived...Baroque has just released their QUAD+ Deluxe Storage Portfolios, which hold prints up to 32 x 43 inches in size, are now available for preorder! They've added the + because a typical QUAD is 30 x 40 inches, but they designed these to not only hold standard QUAD prints, but also linen backed UK QUADS, which typically measure ~ 32 x 42 inches..comfortably. They are also saying this is the World's First QUAD sized storage portfolio!

Each portfolio comes loaded with 20 refill pages, with enough storage for 40 prints. For anyone looking to store larger collections, they have refill packs of 15 sleeves available as well.

If you're interesting in placing an order, just click on the button below. Baroque will start production on this first batch in about a week, so to ensure you're in this first batch we recommend placing an order as soon as possible!

1709765890072.png