Batman Anthology 1-4 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label) [China]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: December 12, 2019
Purchase link: HDzeta (Pre-order November 12 at 10 AM EST USA)
Price:
$159.99
Notes: 1 set containing 4 WWA steelbooks (like the Original Jurassic Park trilogy release). Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin

3CB7D085-886A-487C-81C3-1F20A80BC218.jpeg984BBA19-3D2C-4A61-9A54-571D81C26532.jpeg5110BE55-7EF9-4808-A544-6FBD1F6A8EEB.jpeg9F0061C7-20C1-4AF6-8625-3015BD325267.jpeg256753FD-6A9A-49F3-AA45-62073608DCE3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like the art used on the returns slip. Front and back. And I like the front of the batman slip but why does it look like the animated series with batmans illuminated eyes and the joker on his chest?!

Strange choice of slip art for Batman. Why not use the original poster like they've done with the others? I know it's literally just the logo again, but it's iconic and would still look better IMO.

batman-movie-poster.jpg

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Do we know the price and when group by will be active?

The GB on Facebook is €253 inc postage

Apparently there's less than 500 of these and it's OC only and given the bloodbaths there's been in the past with HDZ Silver Line titles (Blade Runner, A Star is Born for example) I dont think it's a given we'll definitely even see a GB here

Pre Order Date is 12th November 2019, 10AM EST USA if you do want to try and go direct

Ok, i'll comment now on the artworks because unfortunately Batman & Robin will always exist. Sob, sob.

Firstly. I think the rear arts of each slip look great. It's very '90s' (yes, I'm aware Batman was in the 80s but only just) and they match the steelbooks very well. Colour schemes overall are ok
but I'm a bit hit and miss on the steelbooks themselves. The generic looking city scape doesn't do it for me and I think they should have focused on the gargoyle statue type buildings as well as
making it a bit of a darker design overall. The box is probably the worst with a gold logo, and if you removed said logo (and all text) then you wouldn't know it was Gotham city or a batman boxset
if you had never seen it before. You could guess but 'Batman' doesn't spring to mind for me with that design. Hell, it could be Sleepless in Seattle!
Why not the Batman signal being shone above the city on the box and then forget the title? Everybody knows what that is. Plus, there is already text elsewhere.

The front poster arts will be done justice by HDzeta, I don't think anybody has to worry about how nice they will look as lentis and colours will pop.
As for the front designs of each, I think I would much rather have this than the logo for the first movie and then character designs for the rest. They will all match better that way.
However, if Batman was just being released on its own then I would rather have just the logo itself but unfortunately this is a set with the atrocious B&R in it.

Reactions: willbar84 and DMD4k
You can definitely tell that Zeta have modelled this around the WWA steelbook’s with the rear artwork on the slips and the “free” hardbox which is the weakest link I agree but it beats the Best Buy effort with similar artwork. Undecided if I will display the generic hardbox yet all depends on the spine but guessing it’s wraparound artwork. For me this is all about the Premium Slips with the Zeta Treatment and all the goodies. Yes it would’ve been better to have Batman ‘89 to have its original poster with the logo but would’ve been bland to have that as a lenti so I’m happy with the compromise of the unused unique artwork (?) that I quite like.

Reactions: DMD4k and St4rlord