Batman Begins (4K + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDZeta Exclusive) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: December 8 December 22, 2018 (TBC)
Purchase link: HDzeta (Pre-order November 11 at 10 AM EST)
Price: $149.99
Group Buy: $198
WEA steelbook, 4K UHD+2D+Bonus
1 Click Only HERE
Information at the moment:
  • Sold as one click only, there will be no single sales
  • Price will be $109 + shipping and fees
  • There will be a deposit system for TDK and TDKR at $20 each as an addition to the Batman Begins one click
  • Purchasing all three gets you the same number and the large storage box
More info available November 10th per @wxlinkswd

Boxset is due to ship late March

full

1541954211284.png1541954247202.png1541954280881.png1541954307335.png
batmanbegins.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too early to make a final decision, but the more I look at the steelbooks, the firmer becomes my decision to just stick with the trilogy boxset and my custom glossed steels:

View attachment 354872

I like this one (Batman Begins) best out of the three HDzeta steels, though.
Maybe the slips will change my opinion drastically. We'll see.
What did you use to gloss those, and what was your process? They Look great!

What did you use to gloss those, and what was your process? They Look great!

Thank you.
The process was/is very simple. Go to your local hardware store and find yourself a spray can of acrylic or lacquer clear cote (for the Batman steels I used a lacquer based varnish). Make sure the steelbooks are absolutely clean and your spray surroundings are dust free. Works best outside, in my experience. Keep a pointed tweezers handy, just in case a single dust/dirt piece lands on the fresh surface. As long as it's not dried, you can remove such foreign objects carefully from the surface and it will smoothen itself.
For glossing, shake the spray can very well. It's tidious, three minutes of shaking definitely gives better results than just thirty seconds (that sounded dirty! ;)). Spray thin layers of gloss in several runs rather than try to cover it all at once. Work horizontally, then vertically, i.e.: systematically. When you're done, cover the steelbook with a plastic hood and let it dry for 24h. No matter if you use lacquer based or acrylic varnish, the drying process will take longer on metal than on wood or other surfaces.
You don't need to take apart the steelbooks for custom glossing, by the way.
Hope this helps - good luck!

Django Unchained

dja1.jpg dja2.jpg dja3.jpg

Gravity, before:

grav1.jpg

And after:

grav2.jpg

Thank you.
The process was/is very simple. Go to your local hardware store and find yourself a spray can of acrylic or lacquer clear cote (for the Batman steels I used a lacquer based varnish). Make sure the steelbooks are absolutely clean and your spray surroundings are dust free. Works best outside, in my experience. Keep a pointed tweezers handy, just in case a single dust/dirt piece lands on the fresh surface. As long as it's not dried, you can remove such foreign objects carefully from the surface and it will smoothen itself.
For glossing, shake the spray can very well. It's tidious, three minutes of shaking definitely gives better results than just thirty seconds (that sounded dirty! ;)). Spray thin layers of gloss in several runs rather than try to cover it all at once. Work horizontally, then vertically, i.e.: systematically. When you're done, cover the steelbook with a plastic hood and let it dry for 24h. No matter if you use lacquer based or acrylic varnish, the drying process will take longer on metal than on wood or other surfaces.

Very nice work Login ;):thumbs: Django looks especially awesome/well done :cigar: Maybe next time post a video tutorial for the HDN community :LOL::D:photo:

Thank you.

Wow, those really look great, it makes such a difference! Thank you for taking the time to explain your process, I'll definitely give it a shot (starting with a cheap steelbook!).

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Of course there will be elements similar in each steelbook trilogy release . . . just saying this is the most homogeneous yet.

As for the Japan trilogy: Yes, you've got the white colour . . . with the main glaring difference being the scaling of the front images on all three:-
View attachment 354992

I didn’t recall seeing the final Japanese installment as white.

I thought the white Dark Knight Rises steelbook was Korean.

Looking at them all together I kind of wish TDK didn't have the "Why So Serious?" text included

same thought here. The "Why So Serious" is just too predominant (if that's the right word). I'm fine with Joker being on the front, but at least make him the point of interest, not the catchphrase

It's too early to make a final decision, but the more I look at the steelbooks, the firmer becomes my decision to just stick with the trilogy boxset and my custom glossed steels:

View attachment 354872

I like this one (Batman Begins) best out of the three HDzeta steels, though.
Maybe the slips will change my opinion drastically. We'll see.
Some really nice custom work there :thumbs:

• Thanks
I'm sorry, did I miss something?
BF have already announced a trilogy?
Or they will announce?

I think he meant the other announcements by Blufans in the last few days, like Thor 3, Coco, and Dunkirk. If all goes to plan, those releases would coincide with Zeta's trilogy and put a massive strain on his (everybody's) wallet. So there's him hoping for delays in order to scatter the releases better, so not everything comes at once.
Isn't that right? @kryptonite

I think he meant the other announcements by Blufans in the last few days, like Thor 3, Coco, and Dunkirk. If all goes to plan, those releases would coincide with Zeta's trilogy and put a massive strain on his (everybody's) wallet. So there's him hoping for delays in order to scatter the releases better, so not everything comes at once.
Isn't that right? @kryptonite
This thought did not even come to my head.:wacky:
Of course, I think you're right.
Thank you ;)

• Thanks
Thank you.

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

I may do this in the summer outside in the shade and leave to dry overnight with protective sheeting distanced around the steels. I've always liked this process since it was first done but have never given it a go. Results are just lovely outside of a manufactured process.

@GibsonStrat @Dazzler_31117
I know it's off topic, but since we've discussed custom glossing a bit and you've expressed interest in trying it yourselves, let me real quick also show why it's of paramount importance to prepare your spray area.
In early January, I finally wanted to gloss the beautiful, yet matte, Fear The Walking Dead Season 1+2 Steelbook. Unfortunately I was stubborn and wanted to get it done quickly that day, even though I knew from the outset time was limited. But stubborn as I am sometimes, I went ahead and rushed it through. This is what happens when you don't take your fair time for proper preparation:

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

I call it the Gross Gloss Fail :p
Dust and dirt all over the steel. No way to remove it from the surface now. I was able to remove to better portion when the varnish was drying, but didn't get them all, as you can tell from the photos.
So again, I can't stress that enough: Only spray in a dust free environment and certainly don't do it on the ground! (Everytime I see the above pictures I could kick myself in the butt for being so stupid, especially when I should have known better. At least now I won't make this mistake again - or will I? ;)

Sorry again for the OT, I keep my mouth shut now. :censored::giggle:

Last edited:
@GibsonStrat @Dazzler_31117
I know it's off topic, but since we've discussed custom glossing a bit and you've expressed interest in trying it yourselves, let me also show why it's paramount to prepare your spray area real quick.
In early January, I finally wanted to gloss the beautiful, yet matte, Fear The Walking Dead Season 1+2 Steelbook. Unfortunately I was stubborn and wanted to get it done quickly that day, even though I knew from the outset time was limited. But stubborn as I am sometimes, I went ahead and rushed it through. This is what happens when you don't take your fair time for proper preparation:

View attachment 356381 View attachment 356382 View attachment 356383 View attachment 356384

I call it the Gross Gloss Fail :p
Dust and dirt all over the steel. No way to remove it from the surface now. I was able to remove to better portion when the varnish was drying, but didn't get them all, as you can tell from the photos.
So again, I can't stress that enough: Only spray in a dust free environment and certainly don't do it on the ground! (Everytime I see the above pictures I could kick myself in the butt for being so stupid, especially when I should have known better. At least now I won't make this mistake again - or will I? ;)

Sorry again for the OT, I keep my mouth shut now. :censored::giggle:

Ah I see... now that is much worse of a finish than how it was originally Im guessing. Big irritation lol. This is a 'must get it right' process otherwise you are stuck with a finish you do not want.

• Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.