Beetlejuice (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 30, 2024
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

Artwork TBC

Beetlejuice.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Talent
Although this is apparently a Zavvi exclusive it's also available to be ordered from Zavvi US for US and Canada.

So are you guys sure that you want to wait for the art to be confirmed before ordering?
It won’t change
Doesn't this kind of release usually sell out when it's an exclusive to one UK retailer that sells to other countries?

You guys can still pre-order and then cancel right?
Yeah but this is the 10th collectors set on my list from between august and September. With HMV I could’ve used a discount and with zavvi you only get a 2 min window to use a code when it’s live as you know so even if I want this I’ll be waiting for release day to order with a code. I’m not ordering any of these collectors sets at full whack whether that’s £39.99 or £44.99. It’s all far too expensive and about 6 of these have come out of nowhere. More collectors will be picking and choosing too

Also even if it sold out there will be stock after release.

As I buy these things for pretty packaging, and all of it is very ugly, except for a few photocards, I'll probably pass. Maybe Italian copies will be cheaper, and just in case I got a Fnac preorder hanging which comes to £35 shipped right now.

Reactions: crib79
Balls
:wtf:, no cheapo this time.
It's not cheap anyway. With what you're suggesting. These retail releases are super overpriced even with discounts.
You have to remember, inflation only effects the end buyer. All the costs are ultimately passed down along the line to you and me. We pay the inflationary goods and manufacturing costs...not the manufacturer. They don't swallow the inflation. We do.

Reactions: MM3 and Lenny Nero
It's not cheap anyway. With what you're suggesting. These retail releases are super overpriced even with discounts.
You have to remember, inflation only effects the end buyer. All the costs are ultimately passed down along the line to you and me. We pay the inflationary goods and manufacturing costs...not the manufacturer. They don't swallow the inflation. We do.
If these are overpriced then Manta Lab etc are a complete joke. $200+ including postage for a One Click is absurd.

Yeh but £31.99 is cheap for a CE, if it started at £45 then yeh, but at £39.99 start they end up a good price

Reactions: Lenny Nero
A bit of extra glossy cardboard and printed paper and WWA. Be honest. They're all overpriced.
Everythings overpriced, the cost for them to make discs is extremely cheap, but in the perspective of a 4K Collectors Edition compared to the market usual pre order prices,
What should they be? less than £30... meaning a usual 4K steelbook would have to be less than £20, won't ever see those prices as a starting point for pre order unfortunately.

I did order this but now think will cancel. Already got the steel with that art but I don’t like the box art and I hate the disc banner on the front.

I'm really pumped for this release, would have preferred HMV for obvious reasons but unlike everyone else I like that modern design on the slip. The contrast between it and the steelbook works for me, too many releases have the art being duplicated but I can see why it's not going to work for a lot of people and maybe I'll hate it in hand. We'll see.

That's a jcard. It won't be hard printed.
Ohh that’s interesting, thought it was going to be like their Thor love and war release where it was printed on the cover and the back had no art just the info you would normally get on the back of a j card.
as there is no back cover art noted makes me wonder why.

My first steelbook preorder in ages. This is one of my all time favourite movies so I’ll have anything to do with it.
Can’t wait for the sequel, hope that gets a good steel too.

Ohh that’s interesting, thought it was going to be like their Thor love and war release where it was printed on the cover and the back had no art just the info you would normally get on the back of a j card.
as there is no back cover art noted makes me wonder why.
Nah, that was just disney being cheap and lazy. The WB and Universal collectors sets all have rear slip art, removable jcards, and nothing hard printed.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Reactions: Sono2020
I will be not getting this 4K collector's edition release as I already have the previous 4K SteelBook and the HMV exclusive 4K Cine Edition

I also have the Zavvi exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook that was released in 2014.

As the disc extras are the same I don't need another release. I would have considered getting if warner had put new extras on the 4K or Blu-ray discs.