Paris - France
Release date: 28th January, 2013
Price: £12.99

Pre order: Play.com
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A6UH8MC/?tag=hidefnin-21

image.jpg

Actual pics thanks to carllenc:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are Steelbooks nearly always short on the disc count? My Slipcase version I bought a couple of months ago has 3 Discs.

I think it's because they know a lot of people are buying it because of the packaging. The Steelbook attracts more people than a standard edition so the content becomes less important to them as they know the item will see IMO.

Last edited:
it took me forever to localize this thread, i tried putting the name on the search but nothing, i got to go trough 25 pages but here is a bump! lol,,,,,thanks zavvi for your 2 steels special for 18 pounds, now i will have this classic, awesome price....

Last edited:
this is been the fast shipping ever from zavvi, it took only one week to get it....i'm happy i finally got this one, not to thrill about the still but what the hell...by the way, i never seen this film so looking forward to do it today...

Just watched this for the first time today after blind buying the steelbook off Amazon for £10.99. Really nice steelbook, love the champagne gold finish and colour artwork on the back and inside.

What a great film too! That horse chariot racing in the hippodrome was so raw and brutal. No CGi garbage like they would of done if it was made today.

These 50's and 60's epics really are epics simply because they had real people and real sets. Having said that I think some modern film makers are learning that lesson by keeping CGI to a minimum and only when it is required......

Just watched this for the first time today after blind buying the steelbook off Amazon for £10.99. Really nice steelbook, love the champagne gold finish and colour artwork on the back and inside.

What a great film too! That horse chariot racing in the hippodrome was so raw and brutal. No CGi garbage like they would of done if it was made today.
As you liked this film if your into extras
I recommend you purchase either of the following below
Both come with a Blu-ray extras disc that's not in the steelbook with amazing extras

Ben-Hur (50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] is an amazing box set
81lwop1A+IL__SL1500_.jpg
Ben-Hur (50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]

This also has the extras Blu-ray disc and is a nice Neo Case
55th Anniversary Ben Hur Diamond Luxe Edition (Neo Case)
106655_large.jpg

Last edited:
Both come with a Blu-ray extras disc that's not in the steelbook with amazing extras

Ben-Hur (50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] is an amazing box set
View attachment 167830

Looks like a really nice set, I've been making more room for my movies recently, so may be getting this Anniversary Edition to go with my Steelbook and UK Bluray release.

View attachment 167830

View attachment 167831

Wow, both look amazing.

I think I will go for the Neo case as I have limited space.

Reactions: paulboland