digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

51EaBLpMuhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013MYB9K/?tag=hidefnin-20

Courtesy, The Digital Bits:

benhuruceopen.jpg

First, Warner Home Video has now officially set their Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray and DVD box sets for release on 9/27 (SRP $64.99 and $49.92). There's also a 2-disc special edition DVD version for just $20.97 that contains just the film with commentary. The UCE box sets will include the film split over two discs, newly-remastered frame by frame from the original 65mm elements in stunning 8K resolution - the highest resolution restoration ever done by the studio - with audio commentary by film historian T. Gene Hatcher, scene specific comments from Charlton Heston and a music-only track featuring Miklos Rozsa's score.

Obviously, the film is in HD on the Blu-ray version. Extras on the additional discs in the set include the all-new Charlton Heston: A Personal Journey documentary (in HD on the Blu-ray), along with the 1925 silent version of Ben-Hur from the Thames Television restoration with stereophonic orchestral score by composer Carl Davis (143 min), the 2005 documentary Ben-Hur: The Epic That Changed Cinema (58 min), the 1994 documentary Ben-Hur: The Making of an Epic (58 min), the Ben-Hur: A Journey Through Pictures feature, screen tests, a vintage newsreels gallery, highlights from the 1960 Academy Awards and a trailer gallery.

The set will also include an exacting reproduction of Heston's own personal diary kept during the filming, as well as an exclusive hardbound photo book.

Last edited:
I love these type of editions - does anyone know of any other version like this?

Ones that I know of are:

Jaws
Ben Hur
Wizard of Oz
Lawrence of Arabia
any more????

Hye

there are a few other box sets like those. Others I've got are:
- Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory
- Singin' in the Rain
- the Sound of Music
- Casablanca
- Titanic

There's also a very nice one of "Gods and Generals / Gettysburg"

Just enter the word "collector" in the bluray search bar of Amazon.com.
Normally you'll come across most of these editions then....

Last edited:
Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
Great pics! This is one of my favorite collectors editions. Really want to get the LoA version and Casablanca. Hopefully more classics get this treatment.

Reactions: paulboland