digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

51EaBLpMuhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013MYB9K/?tag=hidefnin-20

Courtesy, The Digital Bits:

benhuruceopen.jpg

First, Warner Home Video has now officially set their Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray and DVD box sets for release on 9/27 (SRP $64.99 and $49.92). There's also a 2-disc special edition DVD version for just $20.97 that contains just the film with commentary. The UCE box sets will include the film split over two discs, newly-remastered frame by frame from the original 65mm elements in stunning 8K resolution - the highest resolution restoration ever done by the studio - with audio commentary by film historian T. Gene Hatcher, scene specific comments from Charlton Heston and a music-only track featuring Miklos Rozsa's score.

Obviously, the film is in HD on the Blu-ray version. Extras on the additional discs in the set include the all-new Charlton Heston: A Personal Journey documentary (in HD on the Blu-ray), along with the 1925 silent version of Ben-Hur from the Thames Television restoration with stereophonic orchestral score by composer Carl Davis (143 min), the 2005 documentary Ben-Hur: The Epic That Changed Cinema (58 min), the 1994 documentary Ben-Hur: The Making of an Epic (58 min), the Ben-Hur: A Journey Through Pictures feature, screen tests, a vintage newsreels gallery, highlights from the 1960 Academy Awards and a trailer gallery.

The set will also include an exacting reproduction of Heston's own personal diary kept during the filming, as well as an exclusive hardbound photo book.

Last edited:
The better, bigger and bad@ss one is the Bestbuy edition with cool mini statue figure
For me, the BestBuy box itself is too thick (it look some how double thickness than the normal UCE set) for storing a single small statue figure. I am happy I did not pick-up that one. Some more the limited number sticker is not in the main box.

Last edited:
For me, the BestBuy box itself is too thick (it look some how double thickness than the normal UCE set) for storing a single small statue figure. I am happy I did not pick-up that one. Some more the limited number sticker is not in the main box.

Most of it is air. Basically its the UCE in a bigger box with some cardboard framing the figure. REmoving the excess, you can break it down to the UCE plus the figure (which has its own small box).