Best and Worst digibook releases

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
Of the digibooks in your collection, which do you regard as your favourite or best digibook, and which do you like the least - the worst digibook released in your opinion. Take into consideration the quality of the printing the cover design and content of the actual book itself, not just the film within it!

I'll start the ball rolling with;

dww_DE_1.jpg

Best: difficult to chose...Dances with Wolves German Edition. Beautiful, leather effect binding, great quality of printing, some text in English(!) - a real example of how a digibook should be.

TRHPS.jpg

Worst: The Rocky Horror Picture Show. US edition. My main gripe with this and the other Fox titles, is the very cheap disc storage, which takes the form of just a cut-out in the back cover cardboard. The paper quality and cover also seem rather cheaply made.

Please now contribute with your own opinions.

as it stands in my collection, the best Digibook release in my opinion is from Warner Bros, and that is none other than "The Exorcist" (for its content nice vibrant cover art, 40 page booklet and 2 Discs). it looks like a beast!

that said, Warner Bros has produced alot of really nice Digibooks here in The US with 20th Century Fox trying as best as it can to catch up on the digibook craze.

My best in my collection 300 the complete experience love the embossed cover really nice set of postcards to

You guys got post cards with 300 in UK? Didnt know that ...

I think the 300 one (USA) is also maybe the best. Embossed and a metalic like shine.

As for content on discs - WB

As for overall looks, any of the CinEditions or Premium Editions (Germany) look great to me.

the bridge on the river kwai is my fave.
worst has to be running man,it was always listed as a mediabook but has no frakin pages.

You guys got post cards with 300 in UK? Didnt know that ...

I think the 300 one (USA) is also maybe the best. Embossed and a metalic like shine.

As for content on discs - WB

As for overall looks, any of the CinEditions or Premium Editions (Germany) look great to me.

no wreck mine is from the USA got it from amazon i got 6 postcards i think it was because i preordered.

300 is my best, love the cover! My least favourite would be Seven, nice content but the cover looks and feels quite cheap to me.

300 is my best, love the cover! My least favourite would be Seven, nice content but the cover looks and feels quite cheap to me.

I agree about Seven. I still like it, but it has that matte look and feel to it, making it appear dull somewhat. Also agree about 300. Awesome digibook.

Not sure if 9 could be considered as one. I guess it could but its different size than the rest. That is very well made digibook and love the content with plenty of pictures inside....

My favourite is definitely 9 but Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Premium Collection editions from Germany are on the list too (Inception in one month too!!!)

Don't really have a worst one and I'm happy with all (only 6) of my digibooks I aquired so far...

Yes, it would be nice if the sizes of digibooks were a bit more consistent. I have The Spanish Saving Private Ryan which is large square format size and Shutter Island which is larger than even the German Capelight editions.

Prize for the largest "book" however has to go to the Spanish edition of Alice in Wonderland. It's 25cmx31cm (10"x12")! OK it's also not actually a digibook just a special edition made to look like a giant edition of the book....