Best Buy Disney Steel Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Man, I dont know about you guys, but when I went at 4:30pm yesterday it was like only one or two had been bought. They also had alot more than most people were reporting. There was like 8 of each copy and only 6 of Monsters. Maybe even 10 of a couple copies.

I went ahead and took the dive and grabbed the three POTC ... they are actually bad ass looking in person but look like crap sorta on the paper.

Last edited:
I was looking at getting these as well, so that would be great to know if anyone could help.

Someone doctored an UP steelbook from jumbo to thin using the Snow White steelbook plastic disc holders. You would probably need steady hands lol not sure how difficult this is to do. Pinoy posted on another thread a way to remove the spine sticker without damaging it.

So, being in a Steelbook kick lately, I picked up POTC 1 and Bug's Life from BB.

I wish I had read about POTC on this site beforehand regarding the 2 discs, 1 slot issue. I still have the receipt for it and am debating possibly returning it.

Bug's Life seems to have the opposite issue. The Steelbook has 2 slots, but only 1 disc. Can anyone confirm if Bug's Life is supposed to be like this?

I was looking at getting these as well, so that would be great to know if anyone could help.

Yup, A Bugs Life comes with 1 disc in a 2 disc plastic insert and is regular blu-ray steelbook size. Btw, its one of the prettiest ones too, stunning. All the diff colors used.

For those of you who have the POTC Steelbooks, what are you doing with the second disc? Did you modify your POTC case to hold it? Do you keep it inside the paper sleeve inside the case? Do you put it somewhere else? It kinda bugs me it came that way. I do still have the receipt, so I'm not stuck with it.

For those of you who have the POTC Steelbooks, what are you doing with the second disc? Did you modify your POTC case to hold it? Do you keep it inside the paper sleeve inside the case? Do you put it somewhere else? It kinda bugs me it came that way. I do still have the receipt, so I'm not stuck with it.

Stuntastik30's How To Modify Blu-ray SteelBook disc holder inlet tray

I myself however havent even opened my POTC steel trilogy since I got the reg blus haha.

I noticed that post today. It would work for me since I have POTC1 (2 discs, 1 slot) and Bug's Life (2 slots, 1 disc). The only part that troubles me is removing the spine label on each Steelbook. I'm not exactly the handiest person around.

lol I hear ya' ... mine will stay as is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.