Best Movie Intro's

Great thread, Ann. :thumbs:
The opening song from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2013)
That's the first one that came to my mind too! Shame the intro is about the only thing I liked about the film. Fincher always seems to make great opening sequences though. Anyway, for those wondering, here's the TGWTDT one...

That intro actually always reminds me of Bond, which brings me on to another favourite intro of mine... Skyfall!

Great question @Scary Hair :thumbs::thumbs:

The intro from B. M. X BANDITS really stands out to me, I was only 7 when I saw the film, I loved anything bmx related back then.. This intro was exciting to me, I loved the music and the little stunts they did(which are ridiculously bad by today's standards).. But is still one of my favourite childhood films.

Quentin Tarantino; “If we’d grown up in Australia, BMX Bandits would have been our Goonies. ”

I love Opening credits like Pacific Rim or Raising Arizona, where you are 25 minutes deep into the movie before the credits even happen- and you go "holy crap! That's right! We haven't had the title yet!!!"
And I nominate any credit sequences by Kyle Cooper (SE7EN, METAL GEAR SOLID, GODZILLA, AMERICAN HORROR STORY).
But off the top of my head- I love the prologue and then the traveling floating opening credits of The Ninth Gate, (where we float through all the gates with the credits whizzing over our heads).

Last edited: