Mondo DAZED AND CONFUSED by Ryan Besch.

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
The days are getting longer, the nights are getting warmer and there’s a buzz in the air at Mondo High ... school’s almost out and summer’s almost here.

This week, it’s future frosh vs. O’Bannion as Ryan Besch pays tribute to Richard Linklater’s stoner classic DAZED AND CONFUSED with a far out new poster.

And sometimes, you just wanna dish on the landline in the privacy of your own room. Is that psycho? Eve Lloyd Knight returns with a gorgeous Sixteen Candles screenprint that will take you back in time (chronologically).

Both arrive Thursday, May 23 at 12 NOON CT ... only at MondoShop.com.

Ryan.Besch_Dazed._.Confused_large_1_1024x1024.jpg

DAZED AND CONFUSED Screenprinted Poster. Artwork by Ryan Besch. 24" x 36". Edition of 165. Printed by Lady Lazarus. Ships Worldwide. Estimated Shipping September 2024. $80

"Growing up, one of the things that I used to look forward to the most was the sun going down on a Friday night. School was finally over for the week, and the sun setting was the start of whatever adventures were going to happen that weekend. That feeling is one of the things that I latched onto the most with DAZED AND CONFUSED (and other coming of age movies like AMERICAN GRAFFITI) when I saw it as a freshman in ‘94. It’s one night, one 24hr window into the lives of these characters and that’s it. Because of that, I wanted to set the poster just as the sun is going down ... the party’s been cancelled and all of the characters are on the prowl for whatever’s next. That's what I think of when I think of that film and being that age. You could end up at a punk show in another city or strike out completely and just mindlessly drive around for the night. Who knows? That was best. And even though it’s a small nod, I'm excited that we were able to work in an homage to Kozik’s iconic DAZED poster, which is still one of my all time favorites."

-Ryan Besch

"For a movie with so many aimless chill vibes, man, it is hilarious to see Fred O’Bannion (Affleck) running around, being a complete goon on a mission to violently haze innocent freshmen the entire runtime. This dynamic plays out perfectly, like an underground comic from the 70s. There was no better artist to knock this it out of the park with a FAH-Q cricket bat than psychedelic gig-poster artist Ryan Besch."

-Josh Manderville, Art Director