Purchase link: Big Hero 6
Price: £24.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
Zavvi have taken to have the preorder go live for the Disney steels as soon as the movie hits the Cinema.
After the popularity of Frozen this was bound to go very quickly.
Going live at 9am on general release day has ment most all have had to make a blind purchase.
But with Disney being on a roll in recent years it is not much of a risk really.

You can sign up with Zavvi to receive email alerts

Are people completely deluded about Zavvi's tactics?????
It's the people who pre-order and cancel before the release date which causes the problem. hence why it sells out and comes back in stock!
Seriously, have a quadruple shot of espresso, wake up and smell the coffee ZAVVI HATERS!!!

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Zavvi tactics again and people are falling for it. It'll be back in stock close to release date or shortly after release date.

I don't know why it's hard to believe that this is sold out. It is a Disney Classic based on Marvel Comics that has been a commercial and critical success. It includes 2D and 3D, the artwork is great and comes off the back of a run of great Disney Steelbooks from Zavvi. This is of course without considering the fact that taking a product off sale when you have customers ready to place an order is ludicrous. The hype of a release is greatest when it is first announced not in a few months time when people will have decided to spend their money elsewhere and moved their attention to something else. The film just hit cinemas in the UK and Disney will have spent a massive amount of money on marketing, so retailers are going to take advantage of it. The last thing they are going to do is take it off sale to try to generate hype which would pale in comparison to the hype surrounding this film right now. It will obviously come back into stock at some point because orders will be cancelled, just like almost every Steelbook ever released.

yes, the release date is far away. most likely easter. by which time asian retailers would have announced their own versions of this with lenticular magnets, full slips and all the trimmings. all of a sudden an instant sell out loses all appeal at £25 for what is just bare bones.

yes, the release date is far away. most likely easter. by which time asian retailers would have announced their own versions of this with lenticular magnets, full slips and all the trimmings. all of a sudden an instant sell out loses all appeal at £25 for what is just bare bones.

just like frozen from zavvi? :p because i was thinking the same about that one and now miss it in my zavvi disney collection.
dude this is a new disney film. this will sell out no matter what.

Reactions: harry
just like frozen from zavvi? :p because i was thinking the same about that one and now miss it in my zavvi disney collection.
dude this is a new disney film. this will sell out no matter what.

there were so many versions of that frozen steel though, it was available in practically every country in the world lol i got mine from australia. i probably even got it cheaper than i would from zavvi even though it was flown practically half way across the earth lol

also, big hero 6 is not frozen. just because its disney does not mean it will capture people's imaginations the same way, or will sell as much. frozen had certain songs, certain themes and characters, it won grammys etc big hero 6 is totally different.

Is the artwork definitive? I would like to know if I have to order this + the American one, which look different currently, but might end up being the same.

Are people completely deluded about Zavvi's tactics?????
It's the people who pre-order and cancel before the release date which causes the problem. hence why it sells out and comes back in stock!
Seriously, have a quadruple shot of espresso, wake up and smell the coffee ZAVVI HATERS!!!
The people who 'hate' Zavvi as you put it are justified, dodgy packaging(packing a steel in a card mailer. ..REALLY), so-so customer service, a ridiculous returns policy and to be fair they have held stock back while saying it is OOS ie Guardians of the galaxy.

Last edited:
P

The people who 'hate' Zavvi as you put it are justified, dodgy packaging(packing a steel in a card mailer. ..REALLY), so-so customer service, a ridiculous returns policy and to be fair they have held stock back while saying it is OOS ie Guardians of the galaxy.

Don't forget not getting involved with the community more, I mean I know they don't have full control on the artwork on some Steelbooks but if they are Zavvi exclusives you would think they could either let us vote on them to allow the artwork to pass or just straight up say "No, this isn't going to sell well, we'll probably have to reduce the price after a while since they won't sell meaning less money for you and us".

Common sense really.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Don't forget not getting involved with the community more, I mean I know they don't have full control on the artwork on some Steelbooks but if they are Zavvi exclusives you would think they could either let us vote on them to allow the artwork to pass or just straight up say "No, this isn't going to sell well, we'll probably have to reduce the price after a while since they won't sell meaning less money for you and us".

Common sense really.
Yeah there's another one mate, I mean since Arrow announced the golden ticket is in a Maniac cop steel Zavvi have whacked another £7 on the price, if people wanna hate Zavvi feel free . Anyway sorry for going off topic......

Reactions: levi
I don't know why it's hard to believe that this is sold out. It is a Disney Classic based on Marvel Comics that has been a commercial and critical success... It will obviously come back into stock at some point because orders will be cancelled, just like almost every Steelbook ever released.

that is why it's hard to believe it's sold out because of your last sentence. The probability that it'll be back in stock due to cancelled orders and other factors as well as the past trends with Zavvi, makes it highly likely that this will be back in stock. Not a big deal mate. Have an awesome new week and many thanks for your informative threads with upcoming new steels.