Purchase link: Big Hero 6
Price: £24.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this title will be following on from FROZEN as part of the Disney classics numbered collection and if so will the number be in the gold oval as on previous releases or in the new style seen on recent Amaray releases without the gold oval?

Does anyone know if this title will be following on from FROZEN as part of the Disney classics numbered collection and if so will the number be in the gold oval as on previous releases or in the new style seen on recent Amaray releases without the gold oval?
I don't think this movie can even be considered a "Disney Classic"! But then, i have no idea about a possoble numbering...
But think we have some Disnex experts around!?!

It will. as stated, be number 53 in the Disney Classics range.

I'd assume it'll use the newer designed number on the J-card as that is now the Disney standard. However, the last few steelbooks still used the yellow oval version even though the new style was on other releases by then, and even on the discs inside the steelbooks.

Planes is not a Disney classic so has no number. It was part of Zavvi's Disney steelbook collection, but that in itself really means nothing. That's just a list of steelbooks exclusive to Zavvi (in the UK) and contains frankly whatever they feel like including, ie: it did contain Planes and Mary Poppins, but not Maleficent.

It depends really on whether you collect Disney classics steelbooks, Disney steelbooks in general or Zavvi exclusives (or all of the above). I collect all the classics, all the Pixar titles (which includes HMV's Cars 2) and others that take my fancy (ie: Tron, Maleficent and Mary Poppins but not Planes).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MK50 and Zoey
Thank you for the information - I fear you will be right regarding the new numbering style. Although it's no surprise that Disney have changed the numbering style on the Amarays it's mighty annoying their lack of consistency as it makes it impossible for the collector to have a matching numbered "classics" set. This also applies to the first few steelbooks which if memory serves had no j-cards hence no classic number...The Amaray situation is even worse with about a dozen or so of the 53/54 to date not yet released (or maybe never to be released on Blu-ray?) leading to collectors filling in the Blu-ray gaps with DVD versions.
Regarding what is and is not a "classic" is clearly a generational thing and speaking for myself the last classic was "The Aristocats" in 1970.

I agree.

What you or I consider a classic is very different from Disney's interpretation. Basically any of their movies that get a theatrical release and do well (in the UK) counts as a classic. As Winnie the Pooh under-performed here, they don't count it, but in the US they do. Don't even get me started on the Dinosaur/The Wild fiasco.

Reactions: harry
The temptation to cancel my Zavvi order and pick up a copy from Amazon.it is a strong one, although how it would be packaged concerns me..........
Honestly, I wouldn't. Amazon has always been a complete crapshoot for me, with most arriving damaged. Sure, Amazon's CS is second to none and you'll get a refund, but then you'll end up being steel-less if it sells out and forced to pay more for it on eBay.

Zavvi, despite their packaging not being completely bomb proof/collector grade, are handled much better, in my experience and usually arrive in perfect condition (besides the odd spine slash, which I'm convinced happens somewhere between the Scanavo -> packaging phase since I've had that problem with every distributor so far...).

I actually avoid Amazon every chance I get because of their poor handling and unreliable packaging.