Blade Runner 2049 (Deckard Blaster Edition Blu-ray) (Amazon.de Exclusive) [Germany]

Dec 1, 2014
Brazil
Release date: February 15, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €139.99

71OPpb8wYlL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: elle82 and Noodles
thanks to all you guys for the nice words, I'm happy to help :) ... speaking of help, be careful when thinking about using an electric saw to remove the blaster. I saw this here in another thread of someone else trying to remove the blaster with less success than me :-S

So my choice to use a manual saw seems to have been spot on. However, as can be seen, the blaster-front-part is set only partially inside the ember-grip, so that will always be a weakspot i assume, as it could fall out at some point after it has been removed from the stand. As for my blaster, and as for now, it sits rock solid in the grip. But I guess that depends on how much glue was used on each individual piece by NECA. So be aware.

And, again, for anyone out there thinking about removing the blaster, you should take into account that there is always a chance of destroying it while doing so. I do wish everyone of you best of luck!

Received mine yesterday! Looks like using Amazon global express did the trick as it used UPS instead of DHL and my blaster zipped through customs in less than an hour. It was inspected however, as the small tab that fits into the top lid was not tucked in. Also, my blaster arrived with no shrinkwrap on either the box or the amaray case. I was worried about the box being torn or mangled, but it's in great shape. Was hoping for #2049 but got number #0001 instead, oh well I guess I'll live with it! ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Mrpato
Received mine yesterday! Looks like using Amazon global express did the trick as it used UPS instead of DHL and my blaster zipped through customs in less than an hour. It was inspected however, as the small tab that fits into the top lid was not tucked in. Also, my blaster arrived with no shrinkwrap on either the box or the amaray case. I was worried about the box being torn or mangled, but it's in great shape. Was hoping for #2049 but got number #0001 instead, oh well I guess I'll live with it! ;)
Congrats!! Time for some replicant pew pew.

Where are you located btw?

Congrats on your limited edition number! I imagine yours will sell for a pretty penny if you ever wish to sell it. ;)

i used these here, worked great. You'll need 3 batteries ..... lit up leds look neat btw. ^^

View attachment 359042 View attachment 359043
Thanks for the helpful post! :)
Does anybody know what type of batteries go inside this? I don't recognize them and don't know what they're called
Just to confirm, a quick search in this thread for "batteries" brought me to @Dr. Eldon Tyrell post where he mentions the exact battery size needed...
The blaster needs 3 LR44 (AG12/A76) batteries.

Reactions: Cyberpunk88
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Hi everyone,

ive posted this in another thread before (quite a lot here on the blaster-edition) ... but since this is the thread for the german version, which I own, I thought id post it in here as well. Sry for the multi-post :-S

So, for those of you who got this Edition with the idea in mind of removing the Blaster from the stand … like i did … yes, its possible, but not easy. Be warned. The Blaster is NOT glued to the stand. It is screwed to the stand. Or, well, bit of both actually. The underbarrel rests on a big screw that cant be reached from any end, since it rests inside the wooden tower on one end, and inside the underbarrelpart of the blaster on the other. My guess is, they screwed the screw inside the wood, then put glue inside a molded hole of the blaster (or had this part heated) and pressed it down real good. This connection seems to be rock solid and did not budge in any way on my blaster, so yeah … it might be next to impossible to remove the underbarrel without harming the blaster in some way, depending on how strong this connection is. Also, for those of you thinking the blaster was made out of metal … its not. Its plastic, or resin, not sure. But yeah … it breaks when pulling too strong, as I found out the hard way.

So if you want to remove it, you should probably start with the grip. The grip actually does not rest on the wooden wedge, but inside of it (in a hole in the middle of the wedge). So the bottom-grip-part of the blaster has actually been designed to fit that hole, and I believe it too rests on a screw at the bottom of it, yet im not sure. I would definitely not recommend trying to pull on the grip in the hopes of getting it out/off the wedge, since this will probably just remove the amber-grip from the silver base, which, as I said, rests inside the wodden-wedge, rock solid.

If you want to remove the grip part, you will have to cut it off at the bottom right where it rests on the wedge. I was using a small saw for doing so and it worked quite nice. But you will definitely damage the wooden stand, so you will have to perform some cosmetic surgery on it afterwards! Anyway, once you have cut off the grip, you then should continue by removing the front “tower” of the stand. You can do this by peeling off the velvet under the bottom of the stand (it works quite well, but you should do it slowly so it wont tear. You can even stick it back afterwards, the glued surface will still stick to it and you wont notice a difference when you do it carefully). Once you have peeled it back a little, you can see two screws holding the tower in place. Once you have removed them, the blaster will be free from the stand, only the wooden-tower is still sticking to the underbarrel. As I said, i'm not sure how to remove this part without harming the gun. You could try to keep turning the tower left and right (It cant move very far obviously), and maybe it will come loose after some time. I myself pulled too hard and broke the underbarrel where it was resting on the screw. Broke my heart also … however I was able to glue the parts back together with superglue, so, yeah … it will do. I will just have to do a little paintjob to hide the cuts … but this I would have had to do anyway because of the glued/teared off areas and the sawed off grip.

So, I got it loose. Not without harm or caring afterwards, but, and that is the good part of this post: it is simply amazing just holding this piece of art freed from the stand! Its a real shame NECA did, or had to “trap” it on the stand as it was, but for me, it was worth buying it, and hell, it was worth removing it from the stand! I hope my post will help some of you to get this thing off the stand better and cleaner than I did. And if so, post some pics on how you did it. I made some pictures myself and can post them on here if you are interested.

Cheers, ANB_Seth
So it's not made of metal? I'm going to ask for a refund,because I bought this on the premise that it was mostly metal.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
@bwatt99 All that worrying for nothing mate. Sailed through customs in 6 minutes. How's yours getting on?

View attachment 359126
@Mark Wilson mine is going through customs as i type got tracking info about 30 mins ago saying that does not say where though if perth or over east.
I take if priority and due tomorrow it be perth lets hope they are ok over here.
I may just check see if any updates.

Last edited:
@Mark Wilson mine is going through customs as i type got tracking info about 30 mins ago saying say does not say where though if perth or over east.
I take if priority and due tomorrow it be perth lets hope they are ok over here.
I may just check see if any updates.

@Mark Wilson

Does not look as if mine has cleared yet that was hr and half ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-19-08-44-28.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-19-08-44-28.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 177