Buy Link: Blade Runner - Final Cut

Here's the Amazon JP SteelBook page showing a few more titles with inside art

attachment.php

Attachments

• Blade Runner.jpg
    Blade Runner.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 577
Last edited by a moderator:
is this artwork used in any other SB? i'm seeing them release a whole lot of similar styled artwork for JP released SB (Matrix, Bladerunner etc). so am wondering if this artwork is just limited to JP.

is this artwork used in any other SB? i'm seeing them release a whole lot of similar styled artwork for JP released SB (Matrix, Bladerunner etc). so am wondering if this artwork is just limited to JP.

There's a whole set of TEN Japanese releases releasing 12.21.2011. :oohyeah:

EDIT: Also if your looking for similar artwork you can find it at the Amazon.de (Premium Collection), but I don't think they are SteelBooks.

Last edited:
Reactions: basis

Specifically for steelbooks - no. However for Blu-rays, yes, they are part of the WB Blu-Ray Platinum Collection for the Australian (and maybe Asian) market and the German Premium Collection Blu-rays. The latter collection is in itself quite an exquisite digibook set.

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/drama-romance/dark-knight-the-blu-ray/578130

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003A2OAP6/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Last edited:
Reactions: basis
thanks for the info. sigh.... i'm trying to hold back on SB purchases but gotta admit with 2001, Matrix and Bladerunner, those are my fave sci-fi movies and it's making it hard to resist.

sigh.

thanks for the info. sigh.... i'm trying to hold back on SB purchases but gotta admit with 2001, Matrix and Bladerunner, those are my fave sci-fi movies and it's making it hard to resist.

sigh.

Aren't we all? It is quite an addiction I tell ya! I am hoping Amazon.JP would surprise us by adding the booklets from the German Digibook Premium Collection in these steelbooks. Wouldn't that be something?

sigh.

You could get 2001 and Blade Runner cheaper from amazon.ca if you like that artwork.

So this was a digibook first??

Yup! It is still available for purchase...nice looking huh? The rest of the collection can be seen here - link

61KRocEvXFL.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

You could get 2001 and Blade Runner cheaper from amazon.ca if you like that artwork.

Amazon.ca has steelbooks with the same artwork for 2001 and Shawshank but I think this Blade Runner artwork is exclusive to the German digibook and this Amazon.JP release. Just saying...

Last edited:
I have a strong suspicion that the writing on this one will be embossed.

Blade Runner is my favourite film of all time, I already have the 5 disc bluray amray, the 5 disc DVD tin (which is really nice) and now this one on pre-order. I’m such a sucker, but I could not buy the .ca release.

I’ve got high hopes for this .jp wave

Reactions: Glaurung
I have a strong suspicion that the writing on this one will be embossed.

Blade Runner is my favourite film of all time, I already have the 5 disc bluray amray, the 5 disc DVD tin (which is really nice) and now this one on pre-order. I’m such a sucker, but I could not buy the .ca release.

I’ve got high hopes for this .jp wave

You know it. And I hope the illusion of the embossed title is not intentional and be exactly on the cover. The one thing that destroys my hope of embossment is the list prices of these titles. For Amazon.jp, anything resembling high end quality usually gets a 5000 yen premium - look at Thor which has an embossed title.