Blood and Black Lace (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Arrow Store Exclusive) [UK]

May 30, 2014
Release date: April 13, 2015
Purchase link: Arrow Films
Price: £22.99

12931033_1173440246023301_8356010950828651188_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What an absolutely ridiculous price for a 1 disc steelbook !

I know you shouldn't compare steelbook packaging to Amaray packaging but I'm a great fan of the Arrow Amaray packaging (artwork and booklets) and the beautiful 3 disc Amaray (1 Blu + 2 DVDs) - yes, 3 discs - is only GBP 14.99 just two quid from my purchase price point.

Will pick up the steelbook @ GBP 9.99 at some point in the future without a shadow of a doubt.

What an absolutely ridiculous price for a 1 disc steelbook !
I agree that it's a bit steep, despite all the bonuses you get with your usual Arrow release.

I'm also a little reluctant to order from Arrow directly again, as last time I did I ended up having a Steelbook delivered with quite ripped shrinkwrap on the front, which had clearly happened before they packaged it for posting due to the fact that it was wrapped in bubblewrap when sent. :(

I agree that it's a bit steep, despite all the bonuses you get with your usual Arrow release.

I'm also a little reluctant to order from Arrow directly again, as last time I did I ended up having a Steelbook delivered with quite ripped shrinkwrap on the front, which had clearly happened before they packaged it for posting due to the fact that it was wrapped in bubblewrap when sent. :(

- Yes, I do like their informative booklets and the cover artwork is invariably good especially with the Amarays as it is reversible so if you get bored with one side. . .
- GBP 22.99 is defo too steep for 1 disc.
- 3 disc Amaray GBP 14.99 at Amazon last time I looked.
- Not limited to 1,000 or anything like.
- Will end up at Zavvi or somewhere else if they stubbornly refuse to offer this steelbook at a sensible price or at least a price comparable with other releases from that stable.
- I only order from them directly during their sale periods when their usually expensive GBP 15.99 Blu-ray titles can be bought for about 8 quid.

Re your second point : I couldn't agree more with you - that really pisses me off too when the damage is clearly visible and they just pack it up and send it off to us when good sense dictates they put it to one side and replace it with an undamaged copy.

Last edited:
Decided to pick this up today @GBP 14.99 in the Arrow sale which btw ends at midnight on the 13th of this month.
As usual there's a lot of good stuff reduced by quite a margin and even some recent releases from July are included in the sale.
Happy hunting :)

50$!!!! Wow, glad I went with the UK edition
Amazon USA price most likely will drop

Its the same steelbook as the UK Arrow Store Exclusive
It was originally meant to get a USA release but was cancelled due to issues with rights in the USA those issues have now been resolved so the USA release can now go ahead

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bojee
I think I bought the last one from the arrow store, I picked it up in the sale 2 weeks ago (they dispatched it yesterday) and now it's no longer listed.

Yes, still hanging on there almost two years since release.
'Tis indeed a nice-looking steelbook seen to good effect in this fun unboxing:-