• 1 standalone Blu-Ray player

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 1+ PS3 and 1 other standalone Blu-Ray player

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • 1+ PS3 and 2+ other standalone Blu-Ray players

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • 2+ PS3(s) and 4+ other standalone Blu-Ray players

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 2+ standalone Blu-Ray players (no PS3)

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • 4+ standalone Blu-Ray players (no PS3)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Bump for new members. I've also added some player-specific threads, so feel free to chat about features, post questions/firmware updates, about specific players, etc, in those threads-whether you own them or not. There are many players on the market, and I started with the bestselling players (always changing) on Amazon, as a spring board. Please send me a PM with suggestions of other popular players, and I can add them. Thanks all!:)

I have a Sony BDP-S360 that I got last year and have just bought a Samsung BD-C5900 3D player. From what I've seen so far, the Sony is better at upscaling SD material. Still very happy with the Samsung tho' !:movie:

I have an 80GB PS3, Sony BD SP360, and Insignia NS-BRDVD4. I can confirm that the region free remote hack for the Insignia player works!!

Just bought ...

Sony BDP-S470 (Doesnt have great reviews, its a 3d ready / wifi model that I got basically for the daughters room) I got it on the cheap, so that's where its going.

A tesco region free player from UK

and Panasonic DMP-BDT100 because it outputs checkerboard so I can do 3d in my HT room.

and im sending in a 60 gig ps3 to get fixed via sony ... lol, so I will have 4 BD players in my HT room alone, 5 if you count my lap top. Then 3 more in the rest of the house hahaha.

Used a popcorn hour media tank for last few years but recently gone back to buying blu ray movies so i bought a 320gb PS3 due to the fact it plays alot of blu rays hassle free.:D

Ive got two blu ray players built in my two computers its very usefull in your pc you can use a tool called BD Region tray and change the region from ABC us many times us you like.

returned the Panasonic and upgraded speakers ....

tesco didnt work out so am ordering this now ...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insigni...18.p?id=1218195518589&skuId=9892418&st=insign ia%20blu%20ray&cp=1&lp=1

dar confirms region free with remote hack.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

came to $96.94 with tax for in-store pick up

It seems that that the 9113 hack used on the Insignia is the same as that used on the Technika from Tesco ' must be the same machine inside!

Watched Blade region A the other day (thanks HidefNinja!) and the picture quality on the Technika was excellent.. So I hope you have as good a picture with the Insignia!

What didn't work on the Panny?

I'm sure it would have worked, but I never opened it. They said you need to go into your settings on tv remote and turn on DLP LINK for the glasses ... I could never for the life of me find out how on my TV and google searches brought up absolute ****. The return policies on the specific glasses were practically ****, so it wasnt worth trying imo. Esp. when I'm already looking at 60" + 3D Plasmas to replace the tv in that room. It was just the techie in me wanting to try out something cool.

returned the Panasonic and upgraded speakers ....

tesco didnt work out so am ordering this now ...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insigni...18.p?id=1218195518589&skuId=9892418&st=insign ia%20blu%20ray&cp=1&lp=1

dar confirms region free with remote hack.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

came to $96.94 with tax for in-store pick up

Enjoy Wreck! If you have any questions on the remote hack, let me know.

Just an update to this in regards to the player for future readers sake ...

I dont know if they come with updated firmware or what, but when I tried this remote hack it wouldnt work ... just kept giving me the prohibited and the "Configure player" didnt pop up in the wheel.

Well, then....... I went into settings and there was one thin that said "restore player to default settings" I clicked on that, did it ... then tried the remote hack and walah ! There was the "configure player" option and I set it to region B.

Thanks DAR!

I have this player as a backup to my OPPO and it works like a charm. Have it set up in the bedroom and the netflix and dvd upconvert is awesome!

Just an update to this in regards to the player for future readers sake ...

I dont know if they come with updated firmware or what, but when I tried this remote hack it wouldnt work ... just kept giving me the prohibited and the "Configure player" didnt pop up in the wheel.

Well, then....... I went into settings and there was one thin that said "restore player to default settings" I clicked on that, did it ... then tried the remote hack and walah ! There was the "configure player" option and I set it to region B.

Thanks DAR!

Interesting. I was able to use the hack right out of the box with no problem. In any case, glad you got it to work Wreck and no problem! :scat:

I have a PS3 slim (my old PS3's drive died... TWICE)... and a Samsung C6500. The Sammy is pretty clunky and unresponsive compared to the PS3, and has lots of Netflix streaming issues.