Buyer Beware / Bad Traders List (FORUM MEMBER ALERTS ONLY)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This thread has been created to provide insight for folks trading and buying. Sometimes knowing that a guy/gal has some or MANY successful trades/sales is good peace of mind.

IF THE PERSON DOESN'T HAVE LOTS OF GOOD TRADER RATING FEEDBACK, AND YOU DONT KNOW THEM, THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE a Trading Moderator. We can try to get you the info you need to feel safe and or make a safe trade/purchase!

As we all know, trading is at your own risk. However, we are able to stop many deals from turning sour if you enable us. We have one bad person who has been a scam artist at many HT/Blu-ray sites besides ours.
EBAY TRADER / BAD TRADER DISCUSSIONS - please visit this thread.

Bad Traders

Goatrider
Swallahjaxx
brambrowers
harrytheparry
shabba
evert
Jaxx
Cythlover
Underhill
Shellmaster
Erik Schellekens
Wodan
Cees
aklass
vrising
Telchar
HiltonH
Hilton
blubook
Glaurung
Gelanor
Gus79
Astaldo
Isis
icon_netherlands.png
The above are all the same person - returned in Oct 2015 - Trading alert posted here

Other bad traders:

icon_mexico.png
MEDIAMEX - continued to delay shipments, up to weeks at a time. Would not reimburse members for items already received. Appeared to source OOP items, after trade was agreed upon.

icon_france.png
JEREMY13130 - member from France. States he has rare items for trade when he really does not. Be wary of members with no feedback that ask you to send first.

icon_unitedstates.png
OSCARLUCY - owed shipments to members here, delayed due to a number of different stories. Supposedly recently shipped items out to members, after 5+ months of delays.

icon_unitedstates.png
NELLYPLATINUM & YASAIRA1 - owed an item to a member here - trade occurred on another forum, had previously told trading mods he would make good on the amount owed. Never paid the seller.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
DLEAVEY81 - owed steebook (paid for) to user here. No response on forum or via e-mail. Also has an outstanding trade issue at AVF forums.

icon_unitedstates.png
SHONUFF6 - received items from a couple of members and has not visited this forum since the beginning of January 2013.

icon_canada.png
JEZHEAD - received items from one member and a HDN secret santa gift from another - sent nothing in return and has not visited this forum since December 2012.

icon_unitedstates.png
93COBRA - also known as Fast Eddie - defrauded members on BD forums and you tube of hundreds of dollars of items. General trading alert posted here.

icon_france.png
Marty mcFly - member from France. Owes members here items and has been delaying shipment since in contact with staff for weeks, some traders have been waiting months.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
AMEN - sent a member here damaged steels and the wrong steelbook. Would not resolve the problem with the other member or respond to mod / staff requests for more info.

icon_australia.png
Top_cat2-failed to complete numerous trades/communicate. Numerous traders waiting for items for several months (some since 2012).

icon_unitedstates.png
slackerz - failed to respond or to resolve a trading issue over months of promises to replace damaged items.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
TIGER - took funds for a "pre-order" of items not in-hand to one member and wouldn't refund, also failed to fulfill 6 steelbook trade with another member.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Roverite - owes at least 10 members various steelbooks from GB's he hosted in 2013. Various attempts to communicate but to no avail.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
humperklonk - Lack of communication to resolve trade issues backdating to end of last year. Owes one member 7x steels which were paid for but never sent the items. Another member is waiting on 1x steel to be sent.

icon_germany.png
Unisol1980 - Attempted to sell a High Value rare steelbook by randomly PM'ing members. This was after Trade Mods refused to approve his sales thread without him supplying the necessary references/info.

icon_germany.png
MrKrabs2013 - Created multiple account, which is NOT allowed on this forum. All the following names are the same person and have been banned:

MrKrabs2013
mrhanky
mrhanky2016
ninja2015
joinus2000
kurdish2012
bremennord
steelfreaky
marvelhero007
germansteeler
steelbookcollect
gandalf
judgedredd
hideohhb
progamer1995
bluemansteel
steelcollector1
blueknight
bucelli
snakeeater

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Cobster - Owes various members £ and steelbooks - no communication + hasn't been online since 17th July.

The posts below are from when this was a Good Traders/Bad Traders list ... from the date this OP has been updated ... this thread will only serve as a Buyer Beware and Hall of Shame for those bad traders out there. If you need info on good traders view their trader rating under their avatar in the post bit (to the left) or PM a Mod.

I suggest you PM a mod for any deal over $75 if you dont know the person, regardless if they have 3 successful feedbacks etc. This is YOUR community as much as it is OURS, and we'll make the time everytime to make it as safe as possible for all.

Added 1/23/2012:

Just a general reminder - If you are experiencing difficulty with a trade at our site, feel free to contact a Trade Moderator, and we can provide suggestions on how to resolve the matter, if the trade took place at our site.

If, despite repeated attempts to resolve the trade/contact the trader, you do not receive any communication, or items, etc, please use the Feedback system in place at the site, or the rest of the community will not be aware of issues with traders. In addition, you have a limited time frame to file Paypal disputes, so please familiarize yourself with that process, just in case, to further protect yourself. In addition, the Staff will take action against accounts for repeat offenders if absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellow NinJAS,

I'm after some advise about Ebay - someone has left me negative feedback for an item they didn't receive.

Firstly, I sent it same day from UK to USA - tracked - it was signed for/delivered according to the UK website six days later. Hurrah, job done you'd think?

The Buyer claims he never received it (UK cant supply signature) but I have proof I sent it, so when this person opened a Case against me, Ebay favoured in my direction. Common sense prevails. Hurrah. (?)

Not long after this the Buyer, clearly still seething, then decides to leave me negative feedback. How is this fair? I'm just a tad annoyed.

I was even prepared to send him another copy of what he bought if he paid postage but he can shove it up where the sun doesnt shine now!

Anyway... can Ebay remove negative feedback in these cases? Has anyone experienced this before? IS it worth kicking up a stink with Ebay or will my efforts just be ignored?

:/

I have had the same issue, Ebay rep told me they could not. May have changed since then. But you can respond to feedback, I would simply put, buyer states never received tracked shipment, opened case and buyer lost. Just unhappy.

I would give it a shot. Call ebay (the will give you a code that works for 15 minutes). They are very helpful, but they have certain guidelines and criteria they have to go by.

If the negative feedback states the item was never delivered, then you can show them the proof on the UK website.

It's worth a shot and doesn't hurt to try. They are pretty quick to say yes or no.

When I tried, they said no, but they were different circumstances. I was able to talk the user into changing it to positive from negative.

Good luck

Fellow NinJAS,

I'm after some advise about Ebay - someone has left me negative feedback for an item they didn't receive.

Firstly, I sent it same day from UK to USA - tracked - it was signed for/delivered according to the UK website six days later. Hurrah, job done you'd think?

The Buyer claims he never received it (UK cant supply signature) but I have proof I sent it, so when this person opened a Case against me, Ebay favoured in my direction. Common sense prevails. Hurrah. (?)

Not long after this the Buyer, clearly still seething, then decides to leave me negative feedback. How is this fair? I'm just a tad annoyed.

I was even prepared to send him another copy of what he bought if he paid postage but he can shove it up where the sun doesnt shine now!

Anyway... can Ebay remove negative feedback in these cases? Has anyone experienced this before? IS it worth kicking up a stink with Ebay or will my efforts just be ignored?

:/

I have this twice both from the usa you can also check the tracking number with the usa postal service ebay very rarely change feedback unless its a personnal attack on you what his is ebay name?

I have this twice both from the usa you can also check the tracking number with the usa postal service ebay very rarely change feedback unless its a personnal attack on you what his is ebay name?

Buyer name is curlymcmxc. It appears he cannot speak English either leaving: "im not received the item negative feedback i repeat im not received the item". What a nob.

David sorry to hear about this :(

Last edited:
Cheers guys, I'll try giving Ebay a call tomorrow.

Karl - I didn't know you could check the USPS webby! Can they provide signatures? It would help massively if I can find out who signed for this damn parcel! (not that he would appreciate this effort)

USPS.JPG

I know I'm moaning about the guy but I dont want to giveout his username...just think thats unfair when he's had good feedback himself up to now.

Hi Guys, not sure if this is the right place to be but since there are some ebay rants, I thought it might be.

Sold a new and sealed steelbook on ebay, the buyer has received and put in an 'item not as described' dispute with Paypal as they have opened it and there is a dent. I also think this may be a ebayer previously mentioned on here under a slightly different name who is well known for doing this.

Any advise on what to do - if I refund does he have to send it back before he gets the refund (I have a feeling he would take the refund and not send back if not) or should I fight the dispute because what he got was new and sealed (In item description I put it was mint as far as I could see without opening it) and how am I meant to know it has a dent under the wrapping?

Thanks guys.

Hi Guys, not sure if this is the right place to be but since there are some ebay rants, I thought it might be.

Sold a new and sealed steelbook on ebay, the buyer has received and put in an 'item not as described' dispute with Paypal as they have opened it and there is a dent. I also think this may be a ebayer previously mentioned on here under a slightly different name who is well known for doing this.

Any advise on what to do - if I refund does he have to send it back before he gets the refund (I have a feeling he would take the refund and not send back if not) or should I fight the dispute because what he got was new and sealed (In item description I put it was mint as far as I could see without opening it) and how am I meant to know it has a dent under the wrapping?

Thanks guys.

Tell him to return the item and when it is received the buyer can have a refund. Remember buyer sends first and you refund on arrival. You can't ask fairer than that can you? If you fight the case the buyer will no doubt leave negative feedback and if you prepared to accept that it's fine also. Is there any reason the buyer went straight to a PP claim? Did the buyer not try to contact you first for a resolution?

Reactions: Grapey
Tell him to return the item and when it is received the buyer can have a refund. Remember buyer sends first and you refund on arrival. You can't ask fairer than that can you? If you fight the case the buyer will no doubt leave negative feedback and if you prepared to accept that it's fine also. Is there any reason the buyer went straight to a PP claim? Did the buyer not try to contact you first for a resolution?

No they went straight to PP and sent a message to me on ebay saying there was damage after.

I've told them to send back and I will refund them and to use a tracked postage method. Had a quick word with PP as well and they have confirmed that they will not release the funds to him until they have signature proof that the steel has been returned to me.

I think perhaps just the fact he was so quick to open a claim rather than just trying to resolve it first just makes him seem a bit dodgy but thanks for the advice both of you and hopefully everything will be fine :ohno:

I'd hate my feedback to go down but having checked out some of his older feedback he has left for sellers (and particularly responses to it from those sellers) it seems he has a history of this so I'm waiting for the inevitable and hope people take more notice of my other feedback than this.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the correct thread so my apologies.

I sold a steelbook on ebay last weekend in which i clearly put the postage prices in the ad in bright red letters and to wait for me to send the buyer an invoice. The auction finished and before i could send the buyer an invoice he had paid and sent me strict postage instructions.

Normally i would'nt be fussed about the postage difference and would just post out the item any way but it was the fact he emailed telling me to post in a box only with plenty of bubble wrap (the package is about £4.70 to post compared to ebays stupid maximum £2.25), this message kind of p***ed me off so i refunded the money and sent him an invoice with the postage options but i have yet to receive payment even after 2 messages reminding him.

Do i have the right to offer the steelbook to another buyer as technically he did pay :confused:

I would wait until the time frame passes for him to pay before reselling the steelbook on, i get this alot on ebay and it does piss me off as they want the best possible packing (which i always do) but dont want to pay for it lol. I always state if they dont pay the right shipping i dont ship and if they want to leave me a negative feedback then ill have no choice but to open a large can of whipass.:naughty:

p.s send him a auction cancellation email and if he agrees to it then your sorted.

Not sure if this is the correct thread so my apologies.

I sold a steelbook on ebay last weekend in which i clearly put the postage prices in the ad in bright red letters and to wait for me to send the buyer an invoice. The auction finished and before i could send the buyer an invoice he had paid and sent me strict postage instructions.

Normally i would'nt be fussed about the postage difference and would just post out the item any way but it was the fact he emailed telling me to post in a box only with plenty of bubble wrap (the package is about £4.70 to post compared to ebays stupid maximum £2.25), this message kind of p***ed me off so i refunded the money and sent him an invoice with the postage options but i have yet to receive payment even after 2 messages reminding him.

Do i have the right to offer the steelbook to another buyer as technically he did pay :confused:

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. I sold a blu ray with the correct postage clearly stated in bold red font. Buyer paid after the auction finished with postage set at eBay's maximum of £2.25. I explained as early and concisely as I could even pointing that eBay sets a maximum price that postage is more than what he paid as stated in the item description. So he declined to pay the difference and I said I should refund him. I cancelled the transaction, he accepted and then I issued a refund. What happens?! The stupid tosser leaves me negative feedback. I sent him a stern email and then raised with eBay. eBay agreed with my point of view and luckily I had the negative feedback removed.

In the past I wouldn't argue further and would just post, but this time I was pi55ed to another level.

Just remember that he can quite easily leave you negative feedback so be as nice as you can. Some people are just plain thick!

ok thanks guys, have sent a cancellation request but i don't hold much hope, i guess the only time i will hear from them is when i get negative feedback ... guess you can't have 100% feedback for ever lol

ok thanks guys, have sent a cancellation request but i don't hold much hope, i guess the only time i will hear from them is when i get negative feedback ... guess you can't have 100% feedback for ever lol

theres an option somewhere to report a non paying bidder, i done this twice before and it actually blocked the buyer from leaving any kind of feedback until they paid for the item.

theres an option somewhere to report a non paying bidder, i done this twice before and it actually blocked the buyer from leaving any kind of feedback until they paid for the item.

have done this 4 times in the last 2 months, you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can report the member to ebay in which than gives the member 7 days to pay otherwise a non paying marker against there account.

1 thing though ebay need to change there stupid postage policy :angry:

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. I sold a blu ray with the correct postage clearly stated in bold red font. Buyer paid after the auction finished with postage set at eBay's maximum of £2.25. I explained as early and concisely as I could even pointing that eBay sets a maximum price that postage is more than what he paid as stated in the item description. So he declined to pay the difference and I said I should refund him. I cancelled the transaction, he accepted and then I issued a refund. What happens?! The stupid tosser leaves me negative feedback. I sent him a stern email and then raised with eBay. eBay agreed with my point of view and luckily I had the negative feedback removed.

In the past I wouldn't argue further and would just post, but this time I was pi55ed to another level.

Just remember that he can quite easily leave you negative feedback so be as nice as you can. Some people are just plain thick!

wow, i didnt know ebay removed negative feedback in these circumstances. i thought they only removed feedback when there is anything offensive

this gives me a little more hope in ebay..