Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Captain America: The First Avenger BD+DVD Taiwan steelbook

Release date:10/27/2011

Purchase Link-Captain America Steelbook

137210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, I was watching and he was bidding away like it was going out of style. Pretty entertaining as I thought it would go for quite a different figure. It's still a grail!

Yes it is still a grail :oohyeah: out of all the WWA for Captain America, the Taiwan is the most sought after.
After, it is the ''Amazon Japan Limited Edition''
...and following would be the HMV one.

I've always wondered why the ''Amazon Japan'' one sells for so much more than the HMV one as it is the same steelbook :dunno: (maybe because there is little of them on the bay compared to the HMV one !? :cautious: )

Amazon Japan GBP 350

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Yes it is still a grail :oohyeah: out of all the WWA for Captain America, the Taiwan is the most sought after.
After, it is the ''Amazon Japan Limited Edition''
...and following would be the HMV one.

I've always wondered why the ''Amazon Japan'' one sells for so much more than the HMV one as it is the same steelbook :dunno:
Yeah I don't really understand why the JP one goes for what it does. The slip (if you can even call it that) is tiny lol. Nowhere near as nice as this for example and yet the same Steelbook.

@Mickle_89

from what I can tell from the pictures, the seal Ain't Right !

It is supposed to have the thicker ''non streachy plastic wrap'' with the shrink wrap folding.

this appears to have a melted seam to seal the steel bottom of steel which is not supposed to be.
Exactly, this was my suspicion buddy. I was in contact with the seller beforehand and questioned its origin of where it was originally bought from etc.. Sent pics of a typical Taiwan seal with the folds and explained how this copy was different. They told me it was from a member of the HDN forums and that they bought it direct from JSDVD upon release. I then asked the eBay seller if they were indeed @mascott from HDN being both from Kent etc so I would better know if I'm looking at the exact same Steelbook or not lol. They refused to tell me and just said if I had any concerns "do not bid" :cautious: Oh ok thanks..... :rolleyes:

• Thanks
  • Haha
Reactions: harry and DMD4k
Congrats buddy ;)

So @sunnyx, what's your verdict on whether that copy is a reseal or not? To me it looked perfectly legit till I read the earlier part of the thread from years ago questioning it's seal. I only have 2 sealed Taiwan steels and both have the same plastic wrap with "V" folds top/bottom..

Not many other sealed pics of this to compare to either. Hmmm :coffee:

@DMD4k :p

Erm, if I am thinking correctly, I am not entirely confident this is a genuine sealed copy. It's that line in the middle on the opening lid side, and on the bottom and on the top I assume. The copy I had years back was folded top and bottom with the 'V' type flap you mentioned, don't recall this line. But this was years ago so you can argue that I just don't remember.

But what I do remember on that seal it was very tight, not an inch loose and it that type of seal is difficult to rip or have tears on.

Will see if I have some old pics...

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
You know what guys, I can't see those flaps on bottom of the steelbook. Those flaps make the seal unique in a way because it is hard to reseal. The easiest way to reseal a copy is just wrap it up without any technical complicated bits. John Rambo, infamous for its reseal had a similar shrink wrap with those flaps on top and bottom, and also that tiny writing on that removable seal making an authentic copy nearly impossible to replicate unless you get this professionally done.

I think this is a reseal. You asked me @Mickle_89 thats my opinion.
Now waiting for backlash :ohno::cautious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
to be honest I not really care ;) as there were only 100 (!) copies and none on the market to bid on for ages, I’m just happy to get it. To me it’s sealed and perfect as it is. I don’t plan to sell it anyway ;) maybe even open it at some point, then the discussion is ridiculous anyway :)

Erm, if I am thinking correctly, I am not entirely confident this is a genuine sealed copy. It's that line in the middle on the opening lid side, and on the bottom and on the top I assume. The copy I had years back was folded top and bottom with the 'V' type flap you mentioned, don't recall this line. But this was years ago so you can argue that I just don't remember.

But what I do remember on that seal it was very tight, not an inch loose and it that type of seal is difficult to rip or have tears on.

Will see if I have some old pics...
You know what guys, I can't see those flaps on bottom of the steelbook. Those flaps make the seal unique in a way because it is hard to reseal. The easiest way to reseal a copy is just wrap it up without any technical complicated bits. John Rambo, infamous for its reseal had a similar shrink wrap with those flaps on top and bottom, and also that tiny writing on that removable seal making an authentic copy nearly impossible to replicate unless you get this professionally done.

I think this is a reseal. You asked me @Mickle_89 thats my opinion.
Now waiting for backlash :ohno::cautious:
Thanks for your input and opinion buddy. I concur :) Don't worry, no backlash ;)

Reactions: sunnyx
@DMD4k @Mickle_89 @sunnyx

here are some pictures I just took of the CORRECT SEAL

INCORRECT Seal from copy just sold sold(not supposed to be the stretchy plastic wrap with melted seams on the shrink wrap)
View attachment 404388View attachment 404389

CORRECT SEAL (None stretchy Plastic with Folded edges and NO seems)
View attachment 404391View attachment 404393
View attachment 404394View attachment 404395View attachment 404396View attachment 404397
That's more like it ;):thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Actarus
Maybe some ninjas just share my excitement and love for this instead of thinking about whether it is the real seal or not?! :) it’s definitely the real slip isn’t it? So I guess it’s also the real deal?! ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
to be honest I not really care ;) as there were only 100 (!) copies and none on the market to bid on for ages, I’m just happy to get it. To me it’s sealed and perfect as it is. I don’t plan to sell it anyway ;) maybe even open it at some point, then the discussion is ridiculous anyway :)

It’s not an issue about you not being happy with it. It’s the fact that someone has the cheek to reseal it and you and others were bidding on what you believed to be a ‘sealed’ copy and paid the ‘sealed’ price for it. So you paid way more than you should have done sadly. With old grails opened and sealed copy makes a significant difference as factory sealed copies are much harder to find, such as the old John Rambo, Iron Man with all the stickers etc. So the price reflects this. If It was me I would feel little robbed!

Well, I've not been thinking about price. I just wanted to have this. Whether sealed or open copies, I haven't seen them come on to the market for ages. But I see what you mean.

@JH2607

Yeah, that's alright! The problem is that it is still fraud, it's not sealed and therefore he shouldn't have sold it like that. Sometimes I wonder why people are paying these ridiculous sealed prices for stuff like Blufans, etc. since almost everything in the steelbook "game" is shrinkwrap- sealed, which is the easiest seal to fake. This one was a Y-Fold seal, that's why'd you could tell the difference.

Of course it could als be that he bought it from someone else and actually thinks it’s new and now sells it. So he has really no idea it’s a resealed item.